Additional Polls

Started by Windy, January 06, 2009, 08:12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windy

Quote from: GPM on November 17, 2009, 04:53:43 AM
yeah, everything looks fine in the basic theme
It probably means then that you'll have to do a manual install for that theme.

Manual Installation of Mods
All unsolicited PM's will be ignored.  Any support requests should go in their topics.

My Mods

Image Zoom Tag
Image Quote Removal
Color Picker
Additional Polls
Simple Awards System

Mods are only updated to the latest same major version of smf on request.

Xarcell

In 2.0 RC2 is there not a way to trim back some of the duplicate material with the polls? Perhaps at least have only one "poll" catbg? Or have the polls in the same container?

In previous versions of SMF it doesn't look that bad, but in 2.0 RC2 it's kinda ruined. It looks ghetto...

Windy

Quote from: Xarcell on November 24, 2009, 06:25:10 PM
In 2.0 RC2 is there not a way to trim back some of the duplicate material with the polls? Perhaps at least have only one "poll" catbg? Or have the polls in the same container?

In previous versions of SMF it doesn't look that bad, but in 2.0 RC2 it's kinda ruined. It looks ghetto...

Well the reason I did that is because the buttons to modify the polls, which where previously located inside the container, are now located on the outside.
All unsolicited PM's will be ignored.  Any support requests should go in their topics.

My Mods

Image Zoom Tag
Image Quote Removal
Color Picker
Additional Polls
Simple Awards System

shumilica

It doesn't work for me in RC2... install succesfull but it doesn't show any new option and in the current active polls i can't see anymore the question, answers, voting results. It's just the table where the poll should have been. If i uninstall, polls come to life again.

These are the mods I allready have installed:

1. Yet Another Global Announcements Mod 2.3 [ Uninstall ]
2. TextSizer 1.5 [ Uninstall ]
3. PM Attachments 1.4 [ Uninstall ]
4. Ad Managment 2.3.6 [ Uninstall ]
5. Favourite (Favorite) Boards 1.1 [ Uninstall ]
6. SimpleSEF 1.0.1 [ Uninstall ]
7. Save PM as HTML 1.0.7 [ Uninstall ]
8. Display Signatures Only Once Per Page 1.0.3 [ Uninstall ]
9. Read Sticky Topics 1.0.0 [ Uninstall ]
10. Topic Count in Profile 1.5 [ Uninstall ]
11. Profile Fields & Icons Mod 1.0 [ Uninstall ]
Today, if you're not confused it means you're not thinking clear!

Windy

Quote from: shumilica on December 08, 2009, 11:30:10 AM
It doesn't work for me in RC2... install succesfull but it doesn't show any new option and in the current active polls i can't see anymore the question, answers, voting results. It's just the table where the poll should have been. If i uninstall, polls come to life again.

These are the mods I allready have installed:

1. Yet Another Global Announcements Mod 2.3 [ Uninstall ]
2. TextSizer 1.5 [ Uninstall ]
3. PM Attachments 1.4 [ Uninstall ]
4. Ad Managment 2.3.6 [ Uninstall ]
5. Favourite (Favorite) Boards 1.1 [ Uninstall ]
6. SimpleSEF 1.0.1 [ Uninstall ]
7. Save PM as HTML 1.0.7 [ Uninstall ]
8. Display Signatures Only Once Per Page 1.0.3 [ Uninstall ]
9. Read Sticky Topics 1.0.0 [ Uninstall ]
10. Topic Count in Profile 1.5 [ Uninstall ]
11. Profile Fields & Icons Mod 1.0 [ Uninstall ]

It's most likely that the theme your using has a custom display template and you'll need to follow Manual Installation of Mods

My Mods

Image Zoom Tag
Image Quote Removal
Color Picker
Additional Polls
Simple Awards System

shumilica

I use the default (curve) theme, and the installation said successful, even in display.template...

Windy

well then attach your display template and i'll take a look at it

My Mods

Image Zoom Tag
Image Quote Removal
Color Picker
Additional Polls
Simple Awards System

shumilica

I found what caused the problem. This mod is not compatible with "Display Signatures Only Once Per Page 1.0.3" mod. After uninstalling that mod, this mod works well.
But one functionality question:
when somebody wants to add a new poll with new topic, he has to put first only the first question, publish the topic, then hit 'add poll' again for the next question? this is the default behavior? If yes, it definitely reduces the usefulness of this mod.
It would be better to be able to add more questions from the posting new poll window, where you post a new topic+a poll. No?

DocPixel

I just finished reading through the whole thread, and can't find a solution. I installed version 1_1b on smf 1.1.10, and it reported that it installed correctly. My mod list also shows it as installed.

However, I don't see any button to add an additional poll, anywhere.  It looks just like it did before. Where's the button hiding? I tried it in the default theme and it doesn't work there either.
Thanks.

Xarcell

Quote from: DocPixel on December 21, 2009, 01:21:59 AM
I just finished reading through the whole thread, and can't find a solution. I installed version 1_1b on smf 1.1.10, and it reported that it installed correctly. My mod list also shows it as installed.

However, I don't see any button to add an additional poll, anywhere.  It looks just like it did before. Where's the button hiding? I tried it in the default theme and it doesn't work there either.
Thanks.

The button isn't hiding. Create a topic, then add poll, then add poll again, etc...

DocPixel

That sounds logical, Xarcell. I created a topic and added the first poll. Am I just not seeing the button?

Xarcell

Try it with the default theme

DocPixel

I'm still trying to find out where the "add poll" button would be if this was working correctly. Anyone got a screen shot that shows it?  :)

Xarcell

It's supposed to be right beside the "reply" button.

Xarcell

I would go through and check the code manually to make sure it installed properly...

DocPixel

Quote from: Xarcell on December 28, 2009, 05:17:08 AM
I would go through and check the code manually to make sure it installed properly...

Which file, which code and what would I be looking for?

C4G-TK

I've installed this the other day and have had made a few multi-poll posts to try it out.  I just wanted to say that this has been a great addition to the site.

Great Job!

Using it on RC2 w/ Curve and Prince Of Darkness themes

-img removed-

C4G-TK

OK, two slight things that I am noticing.

1)
If I use more than one poll per topic the following shows up under maintenance in Admin Panel.

I went into Admin Panel and into Maintenance.  Then, I selected ROUTINE and  Find and repair any errors   All of the secondary polls that were added show up as errors when you do this and say that they do not associate with any thread/post.

I hit repair to see what would happen and they then get severed from the thread that they appear in and go to a salvage area by themselves.

2)
Also, I just noticed this error when I split a topic.

Attached a pic of error.  The line involved has to do with polls, so I'm assuming that it may have to do with this mod since it is the only mod I have installed that made any changes to the SplitTopics.php file.

BTW, there was no poll attached to this thread.

-img removed-

Advertisement: