Additional Polls

Started by Windy, January 06, 2009, 08:12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windy

The first issue can be fixed by adding
if(!empty($_POST['polls']))
above the foreach statement in SplitTopics.php.

The following should fix the issues with maintenance in RepairBoards.php.
Code (Search) Select
(t.id_poll = p.id_poll)
Code (Replace) Select
(t.id_topic = p.id_topic)
Code (Search) Select
AND t.id_poll IS NULL
Code (Replace) Select
AND p.id_topic IS NULL

I haven't tested this though, I imagine these issues would also be present in the 1.1.x version as well, I'll be sure to fix them in the next update.
All unsolicited PM's will be ignored.  Any support requests should go in their topics.

My Mods

Image Zoom Tag
Image Quote Removal
Color Picker
Additional Polls
Simple Awards System

Mods are only updated to the latest same major version of smf on request.

C4G-TK

Quote from: Windy on January 18, 2010, 03:03:28 AM

Is that before the foreach statement in edit #3 or edit #4? (or both)  There are two foreach statements.

-img removed-

Windy

Quote from: C4G-TK on January 18, 2010, 10:11:01 PM
Quote from: Windy on January 18, 2010, 03:03:28 AM

Is that before the foreach statement in edit #3 or edit #4? (or both)  There are two foreach statements.

before the one that's giving you the error.
All unsolicited PM's will be ignored.  Any support requests should go in their topics.

My Mods

Image Zoom Tag
Image Quote Removal
Color Picker
Additional Polls
Simple Awards System

C4G-TK

ohhh duh!   ??? :o ;D

Thanks again!

-img removed-

GPM

Hi there Windy.

Manually changed the display template for the 'slickpro-graphite' theme, and the default split topic file, but when i post a thread, all i see is the 'poll' box, with no actual poll displayed in it, and no options whatsoever....

Any idea what's up?

Windy

hmm, from what I can see you've made the changes correctly, how does it look on the default theme? did you run into any errors when installing?

My Mods

Image Zoom Tag
Image Quote Removal
Color Picker
Additional Polls
Simple Awards System

OFoldfart

Sounds like it will be a great mod. Are you going to upgrade it for 1.1.11

GPM

Quote from: Windy on February 01, 2010, 05:40:42 PM
hmm, from what I can see you've made the changes correctly, how does it look on the default theme? did you run into any errors when installing?

The poll is visable in default, though no option to add another poll is there

I've attatched an image of how my custom theme looks...

GPM

Windy

No clue, unless you modified the templates for the wrong theme or the files didn't upload properly when you did the changes.

My Mods

Image Zoom Tag
Image Quote Removal
Color Picker
Additional Polls
Simple Awards System

GPM

tried to download and reinstall, now get the message : 'not compatible with this version of SMF'

I'm running version 1.1.11

Xarcell

Quote from: Windy on November 25, 2009, 05:11:37 PM
Quote from: Xarcell on November 24, 2009, 06:25:10 PM
In 2.0 RC2 is there not a way to trim back some of the duplicate material with the polls? Perhaps at least have only one "poll" catbg? Or have the polls in the same container?

In previous versions of SMF it doesn't look that bad, but in 2.0 RC2 it's kinda ruined. It looks ghetto...

Well the reason I did that is because the buttons to modify the polls, which where previously located inside the container, are now located on the outside.

Would it take alot of work to mod it to place the buttons on the outside of the container? Would it be ok for me to hire someone to change it?

Windy

Quote from: Xarcell on February 23, 2010, 08:54:50 PM
In 2.0 RC2 is there not a way to trim back some of the duplicate material with the polls? Perhaps at least have only one "poll" catbg? Or have the polls in the same container?

In previous versions of SMF it doesn't look that bad, but in 2.0 RC2 it's kinda ruined. It looks ghetto...

Well the reason I did that is because the buttons to modify the polls, which where previously located inside the container, are now located on the outside.

Would it take alot of work to mod it to place the buttons on the outside of the container? Would it be ok for me to hire someone to change it?
I presume you mean inside of the container, as the buttons are already on the outside, which is causing the porblem, I would say overly it's rather easy assuming you know what you're doing, it just won't fit in with the existing curve style.

My Mods

Image Zoom Tag
Image Quote Removal
Color Picker
Additional Polls
Simple Awards System

Xarcell

Quote from: Windy on February 24, 2010, 08:19:04 AM

I presume you mean inside of the container, as the buttons are already on the outside, which is causing the porblem, I would say overly it's rather easy assuming you know what you're doing, it just won't fit in with the existing curve style.

Do I have your permission to hire someone to try and alter it and make it show only one set of buttons? I would use it for my own private use, but can give it to you afterwards if necessary if you want to allow the public to use it.

Windy

Quote from: Xarcell on February 24, 2010, 09:00:57 AM
Quote from: Windy on February 24, 2010, 08:19:04 AM

Do I have your permission to hire someone to try and alter it and make it show only one set of buttons? I would use it for my own private use, but can give it to you afterwards if necessary if you want to allow the public to use it.
Sure, do as you like, if you want to post the changes that you had to make here, that's fine too.

My Mods

Image Zoom Tag
Image Quote Removal
Color Picker
Additional Polls
Simple Awards System

howl.nsp

Adding 1.1.11 to this mod is safe, ¿could be added for a next version of it?

Alpha_4762

Hi Guys!

Is this mod working on 1.1.11?

GPM

i too would like to install it for .11

imrich

Any update needed for this for 2.0 RC3?

Alpha_4762

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2113

Use that mod to emulate 1.1.10. Then you will be able to install it to 1.1.11.

Advertisement: