Additional Polls

Started by Windy, January 06, 2009, 08:12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lou69

Hello Windy,

This mod is exactly what I need for my site, however, I am running SMF 2.0 RC 3.

Have you by chance, any future plans to update this mod for RC 3?

Best regards,

Lou

:)

C4G-TK

Quote from: Lou69 on May 02, 2010, 01:36:33 PM
Hello Windy,

This mod is exactly what I need for my site, however, I am running SMF 2.0 RC 3.

Have you by chance, any future plans to update this mod for RC 3?

Best regards,

Lou

:)

I installed this tonight on RC3 by using the 1b package on the mod page and by EMULATING RC2.
There was just one error in the installation.  The last error of the DisplayTemplate.php file.

'remove_poll' => array('test' => 'can_remove_poll', 'text' => 'poll_remove', 'image' => 'admin_remove_poll.gif', 'lang' => true, 'custom' => 'onclick="return confirm(\'' . $txt['poll_remove_warn'] . '\');"', 'url' => $scripturl . '?action=removepoll;topic=' . $context['current_topic'] . '.' . $context['start']),

replace w/
'remove_poll' => array('test' => 'can_remove_poll', 'text' => 'poll_remove', 'image' => 'admin_remove_poll.gif', 'lang' => true, 'custom' => 'onclick="return confirm(\'' . $txt['poll_remove_warn'] . '\');"', 'url' => $scripturl . '?action=removepoll;topic=' . $context['current_topic'] . '.' . $context['start'] . ';' . $context['session_var'] . '=' . $context['session_id']),

I've tested it out and I am not receiving any errors in my log.  I created a couple test polls and removed the polls and everything was clean.

Good luck!

-img removed-

Lou69

C4G-TK

I had forgotten to check this thread. Thanks for the information about installing this to RC3.

I am going to take a close look at the changes and see if there are going to be any issues with custom theme.

I will let you know how it works out.

thanks,

Lou

C4G-TK

Hope it works out for you.  That was the only edit I had to change in order to get it to work.  Good luck!

-img removed-

Lou69

Arrrrrrggggggh (pirate talk) ..... :)  it did not work. Everything passed the test but the one change you mentioned. I made the manual change but the old style poll remained in effect.

I will take a closer look at this later this week.

C4G-TK

Quote from: Lou69 on May 16, 2010, 08:41:07 PM
I made the manual change but the old style poll remained in effect.

What actually do you mean by "style"?

This mod allows you to...
1- make a poll like you normally would
2- go back into the post and then add another poll to it (making it two polls attached to same thread)
3- repeat as necessary.

Will try to help you towards the end of week if you need help.  Attached pics of a test I did after installing that shows two polls attached to one post on RC3.

-img removed-

chinaren

Hello Windy!

I do love this mod, and I've been using it for a while now on my forums.  However, just recently I've run into problems.  I think it may be that I've upgraded to 1.1.11 or something, but now whenever someone tries to delete a poll they get:

QuoteSession verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.

...or some such.  

I'm running version 1.0 of your mod, so I tried to install version 1.1, but as I've got 1.0 installed it wouldn't upgrade.

So I decided to remove the mod.  However, the 'uninstall' option has gone from my forum packages list.  So I tried to get the manual instructions from the mod, but that doesn't seem to be working either.

Help!  Could you please point me at a working link for uninstall instructions?  (Or if you've an idea how to fix th error, that would do too). Many thanks!

The Opus Path - The Next Generation of the Written Word

Windy

That's a known issue with 1.1.11.  The easiest way to uninstall it is to use version emulate and emulate the version that it supports, which would be 1.1.9 for the 1.0 version and 1.1.10 for the other, otherwise if you want to uninstall it manually you need to select those versions when getting the manual install instructions.

see http://dev.simplemachines.org/mantis/view.php?id=4072 for the fix
All unsolicited PM's will be ignored.  Any support requests should go in their topics.

My Mods

Image Zoom Tag
Image Quote Removal
Color Picker
Additional Polls
Simple Awards System

Mods are only updated to the latest same major version of smf on request.

chinaren

Thanks Windy, I'll give it a go.  :)

chinaren

Ha!  Okay, the remove poll option in the poll still fails, but the remove poll option at the bottom now works, so that will do!

Thanks Windy.  This mod is used a lot on my forum!   ;D

Bugo

When I use two and/or more polls, I get these errors: see screenshot

C4G-TK

Quote from: Bugo on June 22, 2010, 10:40:02 AM
When I use two and/or more polls, I get these errors: see screenshot

I've had that, too.  I don't correct it though because it will separate the poll from the other poll & topic.  It evidently comes up as an error under the routine maintenance because my guess is the 2nd poll attaches itself to the 1st poll and not to the topic.  The poll functionality still works, it just comes up in that.  Ignoring and hitting "No" doesn't seem to effect anything with the forum since it doesn't come up in the error log itself.

-img removed-

chinaren

Quote from: C4G-TK on May 11, 2010, 11:00:58 PM

I installed this tonight on RC3 by using the 1b package on the mod page and by EMULATING RC2.
There was just one error in the installation.  The last error of the DisplayTemplate.php file.

HI there C4G-TK, how do you emulate RC2?  I'm upgrading my board to 2RC3, and it tells me to bugger off when I try installing this.  >:(

C4G-TK

Quote from: chinaren on June 22, 2010, 05:38:28 PM
Quote from: C4G-TK on May 11, 2010, 11:00:58 PM

There was just one error in the installation.  The last error of the DisplayTemplate.php file.

HI there C4G-TK, how do you emulate RC2?  I'm upgrading my board to 2RC3, and it tells me to bugger off when I try installing this.  >:(

First, slap your computer for telling you to bugger off!

Then, go into ADMIN > PACKAGES > BROWSE PACKAGES
--- At the bottom right of the page you will see "Advanced" which is a link.
--- Click on the word "Advanced"
--- Replace the SMF 2.0 RC3 with SMF 2.0 RC2
--- Hit apply
---Install the mod as normal
---Go back and change it back to SMF RC2.0 RC3
---Hit Apply

... and then tell your computer to bugger off!  ;D

-img removed-

chinaren

Ah, thanks, that did it!  8)

C4G-TK

No problem.  Glad it worked!

-img removed-

Windy

New version up, pretty much just bug fixes.  Fixes the invalid argument error that shows up on SplitTopics for 1.1.11/2.0 RC3 and the issue with Maintenance for 2.0 RC3. I've also made it easier to uninstall, making use of 2.0's database tag to allow of a complete uninstallation (removing database changes), for 1.1.11 I've enclosed a file that can be dropped in the forum root to do the same thing, I've also wild carded the uninstall version so it should uninstall for 2.x/1.1.x instead of just the version it was installed for.
All unsolicited PM's will be ignored.  Any support requests should go in their topics.

My Mods

Image Zoom Tag
Image Quote Removal
Color Picker
Additional Polls
Simple Awards System

Mods are only updated to the latest same major version of smf on request.

chinaren

Awesome!  Just installed it on my 2RC3 board and (so far!!) it's all hunky dory!  

Many thanks for this.  This mod is most useful.  Most useful indeed.  ;D

Quote from: Windy on June 24, 2010, 01:29:39 PM

New version up, pretty much just bug fixes.  Fixes the invalid argument error that shows up on SplitTopics for 1.1.11/2.0 RC3 and the issue with Maintenance for 2.0 RC3. I've also made it easier to uninstall, making use of 2.0's database tag to allow of a complete uninstallation (removing database changes), for 1.1.11 I've enclosed a file that can be dropped in the forum root to do the same thing, I've also wild carded the uninstall version so it should uninstall for 2.x/1.1.x instead of just the version it was installed for.

zijO

Made 30 polls in forums test section,
When I moved it to other section I lose all of them except first one  I made.
Is any way to fix this?

zijO

Sorry may fault,
The other forum section uses copy of default template (different colour)
Great mod / thanks

Advertisement: