[2.0B4] Error message on registering [solved]

Started by tadrobertson, January 07, 2009, 08:12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tadrobertson

I converted from 1.1.7 to 2.0 beta 4 yesterday using the webinstall. Everything went fine except for two errors the first was the no members in the member waiting approval which I fixed already. However it did not fix my other registering problems. When a new member registers and hits submit it shows this message "An Error Has Occurred!" it still registers the member and if I go to admin I can activate them but they never receive the e-mail. After the new member gets the error message they assume they put some info in wrong so they again to register and this time they get an error that the name is already in use by another member. If I set it to member activate again they get the "An Error Has Occurred!" but are still registered but never receive their e-mail. I you try to resend the activation e-mail again the same error. I've went through all my setting and they are the same as my other board that is still running 1.1.7. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Version: 2.0beta 4
Host: lunar pages
Address: hxxp:www.cmcbmx.com/forum [nonactive]

cmdcllc

I've been getting this error ever since I upgraded to the recent version. No one can register!

The forum error log shows the following;

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member  Guest       Today at 11:16:09 AM
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 99.159.25.74      Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session d937f2d59d028a2ce4417022f677e6dd
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL http://www.creativemovements.com/forum/cmdcllc/index.php?action=register2
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined index: visual_verification_failed
File: /home/content/c/m/d/cmdcllc/html/forum/cmdcllc/Sources/Errors.php
Line: 337

I can manually add them as a member but they can not do it at all and I do not have that blocked.

ctl_dog

my new users were getting a "server error" when registering, but if they hit their back button and entered the user name and password they just created it would let them log in.  After a little research I was told to rename the .htaccess file. I did that, and now new registers are not getting the error? not really sure what that file does, but I havent noticed any ill effects?

tadrobertson

I attempted to change the name of the file, but I get the same error. Also when I approve waiting members with a send e-mail I again get the same error message so I can only assume it has to do with the e-mail. I can add new members the the admin section also.

tadrobertson

This is repeated multiple times in my error log.

PHP Notice:  Undefined variable:  context in /forum/Themes/default/languages/index.english-utf8.php on line 36
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable:  context in /forum/Themes/default/languages/index.english-utf8.php on line 99
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable:  scripturl in /forum/Themes/default/languages/index.english-utf8.php on line 155
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable:  scripturl in /forum/Themes/default/languages/index.english-utf8.php on line 155
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable:  scripturl in /forum/Themes/default/languages/index.english-utf8.php on line 156
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable:  context in /forum/Themes/default/languages/index.english-utf8.php on line 297
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable:  context in /forum/Themes/default/languages/index.english-utf8.php on line 304
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable:  boardurl in /forum/Themes/default/languages/index.english-utf8.php on line 328
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable:  scripturl in /forum/Themes/default/languages/index.english-utf8.php on line 328
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable:  scripturl in /forum/Themes/default/languages/index.english-utf8.php on line 517
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable:  scripturl in /forum/Themes/default/languages/Errors.english-utf8.php on line 17

tadrobertson

Once I posted the error log I figured out what the problem was, I had to update my English-utf8 file. After the update the registration and e-mail started working. I hope this will help anyone else with the same problems. Thanks for the help.

cmdcllc

I'm thinking that this problem has something to do with the upgrade version since it started for me when I did that. I recently just started from scratch (because I could) and everyone can now register fine.

Advertisement: