"500 Internal Server Error" when trying to access forum

Started by Kalika, January 07, 2009, 01:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kalika

Hi guys!

I've encountered a problem with one of my forums.  When you try to access the forum, all you get is a page with the following:

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at indiamuck.com Port 80"

Does anyone have any ideas as to where I can start with fixing this problem?   :(

Thanks in advance!!

Kalika

Still working on this problem.. no results yet.   :-\  Any thoughts?

We hadn't done any updates or changes to the forums when this occured.. it seemed to just happen randomly.  I'm not sure what could have triggered it.

Any help is appreciated!!   :)  Thanks!!

Tyrsson

PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

greyknight17

keystoneman

I'm having the same issue and my host is not helpful at all.  :(

hxxp:www.ppha.us/smf [nonactive]

greyknight17

keystoneman, I don't see that error on your forum. If you still have a problem, please open up a new topic for it.

Xlife92

I had a problem with mine too, it's your browser. CCleaner

Skhilled

It could also be a permission issue if index.php is set to something other than 644 on some servers.

keystoneman

Thanks everyone I re installed my forum software and the error went away.

greyknight17

Glad that resolved the problem.

Kalika, if you still didn't get it resolved yet, feel free to open up a new topic for this problem.

Topic locked.

Advertisement: