News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Calendar Notification

Started by beldin_, November 08, 2010, 05:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beldin_

Hi,

Just a question, is there anyway to make creation of a new calendar event to trigger a notification email to be sent to all the once that have selected "notify" on the board where the calender event shows up? It dosn't seem to work (using RC4). Maybe the feature does not support notification of calendar events? If not I guess this would be a nice feature to add in comming releases.

xenovanis

I tested this and it works for me with SMF 2.0 RC4. What are the notification settings in your profile?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Road Rash Jr.

Before posting the event did you put a check mark in Annouce topic? This is found in Attachments and other options below the post box.
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

beldin_

Hi,

My fault, didn't know of the checkbox below "Attachments and other options", checked it and it worked perfectly!

Thanks!

beldin_

Hmm...but this option is only present for me as admin, using my regular user account I do not have this option. Where could I turn this on for all logged in users?

xenovanis

I am confused of what you want? I just tested this and if I have boardnotifications for a board enabled and someone posts a new event in that board, I receive a notification for that. There is no need to announce the topic as well.

Anyway, if you want regular members to have permission to announce a topic in a board, create a new permission profile in Admin -> Members -> Permissions -> Edit Profiles and apply that profile to the board.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Advertisement: