News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Headline

Started by Crip, January 08, 2009, 08:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crip

Add your image in the same path as logo.png with your Width & Height .....thats it.
I have become comfortably numb!

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -

TOTM Winner. | Demo Site1on1 Theme Support

NEMINI

this theme seems to be missing the link and image that takes users to the first unread post in a thread
signatures are boring.

Paragaya

Geri Döndüm :D...... :)

Tp.Net Turkish Moderator... ;)

midas

Really nice theme - very pleasant to look at; just two support questions:

• How do I adjust the width of the display area such that it is like it is in the demo?
  • How do I alter index.template.php so as to include the Ad Management mod?

The width issue is a real killer because the extra buttons I've added have rolled beneath their allotted space.
Would be nice to get some traffic around here...

JournalXtra
121GuitarLessons.com

Crip

Quote from: midas on January 22, 2009, 01:46:13 PM
Really nice theme - very pleasant to look at; just two support questions:

• How do I adjust the width of the display area such that it is like it is in the demo?
  • How do I alter index.template.php so as to include the Ad Management mod?

The width issue is a real killer because the extra buttons I've added have rolled beneath their allotted space.

• I do not know how to do any mods.

• To adjust the width look in the style.css for :

#wrapper {
    width: 80%;   --- 1100px;    /* can be pixels or percentage */
    min-width: 720px;
    margin: 0 auto;
    padding: 0;
    }

- Abraham Lincoln -

midas

Crip, thank you for that.  I'd had a quick scan of the css file but missed it.  I suppose I was looking for something under body.

I've adjusted the width.  Before anyone else points it out, I'm aware that it'll display differently in different monitors but at least I know it'll display properly on some monitors.

I've discovered that the Ad mod does display ads at the top and bottom of pages but not as columns (which I imagine could be a good thing).  Still, if anyone does know how I can integrate it into index.template.php then I'd like to too.

Again, thank you  :)

JournalXtra
121GuitarLessons.com

midas

How do I convert the following three items into a drop down menu under the title of "User Center"?

// Edit Profile... [profile]
        if ($context['allow_edit_profile'])
      echo '<li><a' , $current_action=='profile' ? ' class="chosen"' : '' , ' href="', $scripturl, '?action=profile"><b>' , $txt[79] , '</b></a></li>';

// Go to PM center... [pm]
       if ($context['user']['is_logged'] && $context['allow_pm'])
       echo '<li><a' , $current_action=='pm' ? ' class="chosen"' : '' , ' href="', $scripturl, '?action=pm"><b>' , $txt['pm_short'] , ' ', $context['user']['unread_messages'] > 0 ? '[<strong>'. $context['user']['unread_messages'] . '</strong>]' : '' , '</b></a></li>';

// the [member] list button
      if ($context['allow_memberlist'])
      echo '<li><a ' , $current_action=='mlist' ? ' class="chosen"' : '' , ' href="', $scripturl, '?action=mlist"><b>' , $txt[331] , '</b></a></li>';

I'm not a php'er but have managed it with two other menu items by clumping them together like so:

//GALLERY
    echo '<li><a class="chosen"><b>Galeries</b></a>
    <ul>
    <li><a' , $current_action=='gallery' ? ' class="chosen"' : '' , ' href="........"><b>Gallery</b></a></li>
    <li><a' , $current_action=='gallery2' ? ' class="chosen"' : '' , ' href="......."><b>Gallery 2</b></a></li>
    </ul>
    </li>';

Therefore I thought that I'd be able to make a "User Center" menu by using this:

//Resources
    echo '<li><a class="chosen"><b>User Center</b></a>
    <ul>

if ($context['allow_edit_profile'])
        <li><a' , $current_action=='profile' ? ' class="chosen"' : '' , ' href="', $scripturl, '?action=profile"><b>' , $txt[79] , '</b></a></li>

if ($context['user']['is_logged'] && $context['allow_pm'])
    <li><a' , $current_action=='pm' ? ' class="chosen"' : '' , ' href="', $scripturl, '?action=pm"><b>' , $txt['pm_short'] , ' ', $context['user']['unread_messages'] > 0 ? '[<strong>'. $context['user']['unread_messages'] . '</strong>]' : '' , '</b></a></li>

if ($context['allow_memberlist'])
     <li><a ' , $current_action=='mlist' ? ' class="chosen"' : '' , ' href="', $scripturl, '?action=mlist"><b>' , $txt[331] , '</b></a></li>

</ul>
    </li>';

But all I'm getting is a template parse error.  I've tried it with the " echo '....'; " bits and without; I removed them [echo's] because I noticed my original drop down menu only worked without them.

Any ideas, anyone?

JournalXtra
121GuitarLessons.com

bycn*

Crip

- Abraham Lincoln -

zerog12avity

Headline theme SMF 2.0 Beta 4... The ad positions seem to work fine in all positions except as follows:
*the Left Tower position will not display ads.
*the Right Tower position ads are displayed in the Bottom Position.

(Also looking to reposition ads to Center instead of Left Margin under menu position).

I have tried getting some assistance @ smfads.com; but no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Crip

I really do not know how to add mods in Headline Theme?

- Abraham Lincoln -

fireandsalt

I'm having a problem.  It is a great theme, however it displays a large amount of white space after the post title and date time stamp, and the text of the post.

I'd include a screen capture but this forum does not allow for that.

Topic: Welcome to The forum  (Read 6 times)

Welcome to The forum
« on: February 12, 2009, 06:41:10 PM »
... extra blank space
______________________________________________________________________________ <Line should be under date time stamp
Welcome to the forum! Please take the time to read the rules you have agreed to when you created your account.    <<Actual post data
                                                                                                                                                        Report to moderator    99.146.185.126 (?)
My Blog  |  My home page <---signature line

Hope my text representation of the screen is enough to figure out what I'm saying.

fireandsalt

I think I've narrowed it down to an IE 6.x problem. It displays correctly in firefox 3.0.

happelman

Hi there!

I am using the Headlines theme on the 2.0 version of SMF, and after I log in, I have a "Welcome Back, name" message in the right-hand corner, but at the center top it still says "Welcome Guest, please login or register."  That's true whether I'm logged on as a user or an administrator

Any idea how can I get that to go away?  I am brand new at this!  I love the look of the theme, by the way.

Thanks!
Hilary

Crip

I dunno what causes that , do you have a SS ?

If you want, you can remove that center bar that is up on top of theme .... BTW:  it works correct for me on 2.0

- Abraham Lincoln -

happelman

I'm sorry ... what's an SS? That would work, removing the center bar altogether ... how do I do that?

Thanks,
Hilary

midas

Zero12avity, you can center the ads by using,

<div align="center">
ad code goes here
</div>

JournalXtra
121GuitarLessons.com

wardeh

Great theme! Thanks so much.

I have one little problem:

Anytime a post gets edited, the edit line pushes the signature out of alignment -- shoves it over to the left by about half the screen. Pretty unsightly. How can I fix this?

I am viewing in Firefox. I haven't modified the theme much (just changed link color and the header logo). I haven't done anything to the signature or edit line.

Thanks!

wardeh

I figured it out, I think

add float:left; to .signature

misha3

Hi crip,

very nice looking theme!

I have some effect that might interest you: in the top-right corner the search field hides the date field ... (2.0RC1, theme file from today)

best regards,
Micha

Advertisement: