News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Insert image BB Button annoyance with Internet Explorer

Started by ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ, January 09, 2009, 01:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

ok i have SMF 2.0 BETA 4

ok i select to use the WYSIWYG editor witch has no problems except one

now when i click insert image with firefox the window pops up fine and i can insert image url and be done with it
however
when i click insert image with IE it gives me a yellow bar saying about "scripted windows been blocked, click here to temporaly unblock them'

now this wouldn't be too bad but this setting is never saved to IE so you have to do it for every windows you open

now i noticed that with IE i dont get the blocked message when inserting a hyperlink, it pops up fine.

So I want to know if there is anyway to avoid this scripted IE stuff
seeing that the hyperlink avoided it maybe the image one can too

Thanks in Advanced
JohnCcCcCc

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

karlbenson

To the best of my knowledge, you will only get that if your running smf on your localhost
(For security reasons IE displaying pages on localhost have extra protections against malicious javascript).

If the forum you're having the issue with is not on localhost/127.0.01, then it could be an issue with Privacy settings set to high.

greyknight17

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Well No lol.. :)

because for it to be solved, it would have to work using IEs default settings

everybody would have to know about changing privacy settings, it would be really annoying for people inserting images into posts

SMF 2.0 RC5

greyknight17

The problem is that this is not really a SMF issue. It's more of a browser problem than anything else.

Are you sure there is no Settings option there for you to click on to change the way to deal with the scripts? What kind of scripts are you using on your forum? The default BBC Image icon should not cause that message.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Well the image button is for the WYSIWYG editor so it makes a popup to insert URL of image

the reason why im asking here, is because the insert link button does the same thing"pops up with a insert hyperlink" and i wanted to know if there is away to apply the way this one works to the image popup.

SMF 2.0 RC5

karlbenson

You should NOT get a warning bar at the top with default security settings in IE7 or IE8.
It will only happen if you have increased it/change it.
OR are using smf on your local computer

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: regularexpression on January 30, 2009, 03:08:54 AM
You should NOT get a warning bar at the top with default security settings in IE7 or IE8.
It will only happen if you have increased it/change it.
OR are using smf on your local computer

well I do, i just evaluated windows 7 beta and it does it there too, on default settings.

i installed windows vista back and still the same thing, so i am using default settings.

i will be happy to give a username and password to anyone to log in to forum so they can see exactly what i mean

here is a screenshot of the message

SMF 2.0 RC5

greyknight17

Have you confirmed if this also happens on the default theme?

If you want, you may post a test login account for us to try it out.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

i already have a test account for just that purpose

I will PM you account login details now

Remember, its just happening in IE, firefox is fine. :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

greyknight17

I'm afraid I don't see that error still. I just tried it in IE7 and have no problems using any of those BBC buttons. See attached screenshot in IE7.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: greyknight17 on January 31, 2009, 12:26:42 PM
I'm afraid I don't see that error still. I just tried it in IE7 and have no problems using any of those BBC buttons. See attached screenshot in IE7.

it works when using the basic editor, i get the error when using the WYSIWYG editor, i just changed the account to use that editor, try again :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

karlbenson

Go to - Tools, Internet Options, Security (make sure internet is highlighted, the globe) then click custom level button, scroll down to scripting, go to the fouth item click enable, then click OK. It may ask you to click the Apply button.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

ok, i already did that, but your not getting what im asking,

I want to know if there is away to make this work on the default setting, basically so it does not use the scripted window, i want the image to use the same window the insert hyperlink button uses, is there anyway to change that?

SMF 2.0 RC5

karlbenson

No.

Insert hyperlink should use the same scripted window afaik.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

it doesn't used a scripted windows, it loads perfectly, thats why im confised why the image one uses a scripted window ??? ?

SMF 2.0 RC5

karlbenson

Because they use different types of prompts.

Anyways, most users will not see these security alerts.
Its only if scripted windows are disabled/prompted (which isn't by on ie7/ie8 xp at least).

Only people with medium-high/high security will be affected. (where medium is default)

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

it prompts you on medium settings too, i just barely install windows, i dont change any settings and i get prompted, it dont really bother me, i know how to turn it off, but other members will get annoyed also,

so i guess i will have to wait for someone who can make it work the same way the insert hyperlink does

thanks anyway :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

greyknight17

Is this issue resolved now?

If not, are your members actually bringing this up as an issue? If so, ask them to lower their security settings. This is not a problem with SMF. It's the browser that controls your security level. If it bothers them, they can just either temporarily allow it or just set their security level to medium.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Well not solved, but i will mark it as solved if nobody can help . . .

SMF 2.0 RC5

Advertisement: