RSS Feeder

Started by SlammedDime, January 11, 2009, 06:06:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlammedDime

Can you post your copy of Packages.template.php?
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

TwitchisMental

Quote from: SlammedDime on August 17, 2009, 08:00:33 PM
Can you post your copy of Packages.template.php?

Okay I will attach it.

SlammedDime

The code is there... that's odd that the advanced link isn't there... well all you can do then is extract the files from the mod, open up package-info.xml and change the install for version to your version of SMF, then rezip the file and upload it.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

TwitchisMental

Quote from: SlammedDime on August 17, 2009, 09:08:51 PM
The code is there... that's odd that the advanced link isn't there... well all you can do then is extract the files from the mod, open up package-info.xml and change the install for version to your version of SMF, then rezip the file and upload it.

Could you give me step by step on how to do this?

SlammedDime

This might be easier... go to your package manager, then in the address bar at the top, just add ;version_emulate=SMF+2.0+RC1

so it might look like /index.php?area=packages;sa=browse;version_emulate=SMF+2.0+RC1
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

TwitchisMental

Quote from: SlammedDime on August 17, 2009, 10:10:41 PM
This might be easier... go to your package manager, then in the address bar at the top, just add ;version_emulate=SMF+2.0+RC1

so it might look like /index.php?area=packages;sa=browse;version_emulate=SMF+2.0+RC1

Thanks trying this now

WOOT IT WORKED :D .

Edit: okay now that I did that,how to set it back to rc1.2 lol.

Oh and whats the link to rss feed editor. I can't find the tab of it lmao.

DirtRider

Quote from: SlammedDime on August 17, 2009, 03:23:22 PM
Quote from: DirtRider on August 17, 2009, 02:21:25 AM
Quote from: DirtRider on August 10, 2009, 04:29:41 AM
I am unable to get the following feed to post using the RSS Feeder http://feed43.com/7878018404721735.xml. However it seems to work no problem using PortaMx RRS feed option http://triumphtalk.com/index.php. I would really like this feed to be posted as threads and not just as a new item on my front page

Ok as this feed is quite important to my forum and I have had no response on both request about it look like I now need to ask for paid help here. So what will it cost me to get this feed working?

Ok, this one is a bit tricky.... the actual item does not contain a link, only the feed itself does, which means I'd have to make a few changes to the workings of the code.

For the time being, you can do the following (it's not the solution I'll use, but it'll work for you).

Open Sources/ScheduledTasks.php
Code (Find) Select
// If this item doesn't have a link or title, let's skip it
if ($item->get_permalink() === null || $item->get_title() === null)
continue;

-and-
Code (Replace) Select
// If this item doesn't have a link or title, let's skip it
if ($item->get_title() === null)
continue;

Thanks will you be doing a change on the mod itself still to make this work
http://www.triumphtalk.com

"The real question is not whether machines think but whether men do. "

SlammedDime

Yea, I plan on fixing it up account for not having a link, but still post the feed.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

DirtRider

Ok then I will rather just wait for the fix  ;D
http://www.triumphtalk.com

"The real question is not whether machines think but whether men do. "

TwitchisMental

Can someone tell me how to make it switch back to rc1.2 and edit the time the feeds get posted?

SlammedDime

do the version emulate again, but change it to SMF+2.0+RC1.2

You can change the frequency of when the task runs in the Scheduled Tasks portion of the admin panel under Maintenance.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

TwitchisMental

Quote from: SlammedDime on August 18, 2009, 04:33:18 PM
do the version emulate again, but change it to SMF+2.0+RC1.2

You can change the frequency of when the task runs in the Scheduled Tasks portion of the admin panel under Maintenance.

Okay

As for the scheduled tasks thing I do not see that.

Mind giving me the link like you did for version emulation?

SlammedDime

Go to your admin panel, mouse over 'Maintenance' on the menu at the top, then go down to 'Scheduled Tasks'... I can't keep babying you through all this, you need to start searching, looking at the SMF online docs and just navigating yourself around the admin panel so you know what all is there.

SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

TwitchisMental

Quote from: SlammedDime on August 18, 2009, 07:00:31 PM
Go to your admin panel, mouse over 'Maintenance' on the menu at the top, then go down to 'Scheduled Tasks'... I can't keep babying you through all this, you need to start searching, looking at the SMF online docs and just navigating yourself around the admin panel so you know what all is there.

Well this would be easy,but I do not see that button... Even on the default theme..

Here is what mine looks like -

SlammedDime

I don't know how many mods you have installed, but you need to reupload a fresh copy of all files from the Large Upgrade package for 2.0 RC1.2 to your site and run upgrade.php again... you're missing language strings and your menu options reflect that of 2.0 Beta 4.  That's outside the scope of this topic though... If you need help, please create a new topic in the 2.0 support board.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

TwitchisMental

Quote from: SlammedDime on August 18, 2009, 09:55:57 PM
I don't know how many mods you have installed, but you need to reupload a fresh copy of all files from the Large Upgrade package for 2.0 RC1.2 to your site and run upgrade.php again... you're missing language strings and your menu options reflect that of 2.0 Beta 4.  That's outside the scope of this topic though... If you need help, please create a new topic in the 2.0 support board.

Well I have run that upgrade.php twice before...

Anyway I figured out where the url of the scheduled tasks. I try to run the feed now and no posts showed up :(.

SlammedDime

Like I said, your copy of 2.0 RC1.2 is not current/correct... I can see from that screen shot that you're atleast missing language strings... I'm not saying you just have run upgrade.php, you need to upload all fresh files using a decent FTP client that will overwrite existing files as well.  The mod does work on a fresh copy of 2.0RC1.2, so until we know that you have a properly working copy (which I know you don't), I can't really even troubleshoot it with you.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

TwitchisMental

Okay I re upgraded.

Everything seems to be the right version except the langauge part.

Edit: Okay I uploaded the langauges manually and I can see what is needed.

However the rss feed still does not work.

TwitchisMental

SlammedDime

Any errors in your error log?  What feed are you using?
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Advertisement: