RSS Feeder

Started by SlammedDime, January 11, 2009, 06:06:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwitchisMental

Quote from: robg2251 on August 26, 2009, 12:59:03 PM
By chance, is the RSS feeder work off and on for some?   

It seems like some days, this thing works like a champ, other days, it doesn't.   My feed is: http://feeds.feedburner.com/monroenews/WPkp - I'm testing it on basic RSS feeders, which, the feed is working as it should.   They randomly seem to flow into my SMF RSS feeder though.   Today, all the RSS feeds came through, but still nothing in my SMF.   I've changed the "Scheduled Maintenance" time to every 5 mins., (previously set to 1 hr.), figuring maybe they would pop in.   That didn't do it.   Any ideas??
I have a similar problem,but I have to go reenable them.

SlammedDime

I might have to take a look at the cache time on the feeds... and adjust how they're cached...

Are the feeds being disabled at all, or just not pulling any data?  Got a specific link to a feed?
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

NHWD

I would like to use this mod to grab rss feeds from wordpress to post onto my forum
and I have 2 questions
1. If a post on wordpress is made a by a certain user can I choose which account can it post in smf?(for example there are 2 wordpress authors and they both make different posts... will it only post under one certain account in smf?)
2. My version of SMF is 1.1.10 if I update to 2.0 will it affect any of my mods installed?

Largo_npc

Edit:

Nevermind, sorted.

Largo_npc

I don't seem to be getting anything from this RSS feed: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/npcguild/rss?type=events

I get stuff from my other feed, but this one does nothing.

I'm not clued up on RSS, so am I missing something? Is this RSS valid with this mod? It looks exactly the same as the other RSS feed to me in terms of format.

SlammedDime

Quote from: CL0WNER on August 31, 2009, 04:02:01 AM
I would like to use this mod to grab rss feeds from wordpress to post onto my forum
and I have 2 questions
1. If a post on wordpress is made a by a certain user can I choose which account can it post in smf?(for example there are 2 wordpress authors and they both make different posts... will it only post under one certain account in smf?)
2. My version of SMF is 1.1.10 if I update to 2.0 will it affect any of my mods installed?

1) Each feed can only post as one SMF member

2) You will lose all mods and will have to reinstall all of them.

Quote from: Largo_npc on August 31, 2009, 07:40:21 AM
I don't seem to be getting anything from this RSS feed: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/npcguild/rss?type=events

I get stuff from my other feed, but this one does nothing.

I'm not clued up on RSS, so am I missing something? Is this RSS valid with this mod? It looks exactly the same as the other RSS feed to me in terms of format.
That feed is empty... there's nothing to pull from it.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Largo_npc

That's cause the event had passed by the time you read it. I'll post another one up later for more testing and post here if it doesn't work again.

NHWD

Quote from: SlammedDime on August 31, 2009, 02:44:07 PM
Quote from: CL0WNER on August 31, 2009, 04:02:01 AM
and I have 2 questions

1) Each feed can only post as one SMF member

2) You will lose all mods and will have to reinstall all of them.

okay one more question
will it only post in one specific board? or can u pick which boards the feeds will post in?

nwobhm

I wonder why one of my rss feeds gets a date january 1. 1970? From where does this feeder picks ups it's date? Does it come form individual rss feed? Or from server? Or where?

It's bit funny that all the news from this specific rss feed are dated so old  :D

SlammedDime

It gets the date from the feed... I'm not sure how SimplePie tries to normalize the dates on feeds, but if your feed is using a weird date display, then simplepie may just be returning zero, which is Jan 1, 1970 in Epoch time.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

nwobhm

Is there anything for me to do to get the date fixed?

Date on the feed is like this
<pubDate>01 Sep 2009 18:59:16 .0000</pubDate>

And this is the feed, if you wanna look it... it's in finnish

SlammedDime

It's because of that .0000 on the end of the date that's throwing it off.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

TwitchisMental

Hey what does this mean - Regular ExpressionRequired if retrieving full article.  This must be  format.  The match is expected to be in second index of the array ([1]).

It says that if i want the full article.

And I do,but i have no idea what pcre means :(.

SlammedDime

Check the link to the regular expression tutorial in the first post that I did.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

eaglex5

Hi All,

I just installed SMF 2.0 RC1.2 and uploaded the RSS Feeder mod via Packages -> Download Packages -> Upload Package.

When I browse packages it appears "Browse Packages" with only the ability to delete or list files.  Is RSS feeder not compatible with 2.0 RC1.2, or am I just missing on how to install? 

New to SMF and appreciate any help.

Thanks

SlammedDime

QuoteAt the bottom of your package manager, lower right corner, click 'Advanced' and change your version to 2.0 RC1, install the mod, then change it back to 2.0RC1.2
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

kizko

Is those posts counted? If yes, why they don`t appear in Stats? Mounthly Stats...

Keith99

Just messed up a bit.  I no longer have the rss bit in the 'Modification' area.  I had a problem and needed to put a file back to before I installed this.  I now can not install it or reinstall it.  Also I need add a new feed, but can not do it.

Any advice??
Please Visit my Matched Betting forum.

Great site guys!!

SlammedDime

Keith99 - You'll have to look at the manual parse instructions for the mod and add any missing parts to your install manually.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Keith99

Quote from: SlammedDime on September 21, 2009, 04:03:55 PM
Keith99 - You'll have to look at the manual parse instructions for the mod and add any missing parts to your install manually.

Ok, how easy is it to do? I guess I don't need to do it all, as it still works.  I think I need to add the /Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php bit?

Added that, but it didn't work?

Scrap that! It was the admin file oh well, cheers!
Please Visit my Matched Betting forum.

Great site guys!!

Advertisement: