Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

RSS Feeder

Started by SlammedDime, January 11, 2009, 06:06:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlammedDime

Quote from: nwobhm on July 05, 2009, 11:16:13 AM
Thanks for the great mod! Works fine on 2.0 RC1-1 :D

But I got a question.. Is there a way to prevent rss feeder posts to appear in the "recent posts" list?

Not really... they're posts just like any other on the forum... all you could do is if you have all of your feeds going to one board, exclude that board from the recent posts list, but you'd have to edit the recent post code.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

nwobhm

Quote from: SlammedDime on July 05, 2009, 05:00:00 PM
Quote from: nwobhm on July 05, 2009, 11:16:13 AM
Thanks for the great mod! Works fine on 2.0 RC1-1 :D

But I got a question.. Is there a way to prevent rss feeder posts to appear in the "recent posts" list?

Not really... they're posts just like any other on the forum... all you could do is if you have all of your feeds going to one board, exclude that board from the recent posts list, but you'd have to edit the recent post code.
Thanks! My feeds are going into one board only, so I'll have to check that recent posts code.

nwobhm

Currently my rss feeds goes into one board only and I have disabled post count on that board, but still rss feed bots posts are counted? I wonder why?

SlammedDime

hrm... i'll have to do some testing on that one....
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

neteater

when you will make a version compt with 2.0rc1-1

SlammedDime

the mod is compatible with RC1-1, you just have to change the version that the package manager thinks your SMF install is by clicking 'Advanced' at the bottom of the Package manager.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

neteater

ok done it but i am geting to message which is saying me to upgrade to rc1-1 on my admin cp and what if i want to install a mod which works with only with rc1-1 then waht happens

Xavi-Nena

been away for a while, are their still plans to try to make this compatible with 1.1.9

neteater

well i am uninstalling in on my 2.0rc1-1 becasue on simulation i am getting error error s in other mod to work with it which are for 2.0rc1-1 may developer update this

neteater

hey i just uninstalled this but rss feed option is still visible in modifications and as well in scheduled task how to completely remove it

SlammedDime

Did you get errors when uninstalling it?

As for the scheduled task part, you can ignore that, it won't harm your board or anything.  It's due to the database entries still being there for the scheduled task.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

neteater

no it was done with out any errors

nwobhm

Quote from: nwobhm on July 07, 2009, 01:34:46 AM
Currently my rss feeds goes into one board only and I have disabled post count on that board, but still rss feed bots posts are counted? I wonder why?
Quote from: SlammedDime on July 07, 2009, 05:13:22 PM
hrm... i'll have to do some testing on that one....
Have you been able to test this post count prob?
I have to manually reset rss feed bots postcount so that it won't appear on "top poster" -list.

SlammedDime

yea, I see the issue in the code... I'll do a fix for it and add it to the next version of the mod
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

GazOutEast

Been away from the boards a while too ...

Still hoping for -

- post-by-post or feed-by-feed autodelete aged news / announcement posts

- dunno if I mentioned it, but the very stable wp-o-matic RSS feed poster for WordPress appears to have been abandoned by the author and needs dragged up to date with some of the excellent features in your version for SMF - wouldn't care to do the honours would you?  Hopefully it'd just be a case of tweaking it to include the keyword filtering etc.

Oh, and excellent news about identifying the post count issue for the feedposter account - I look forward to that fix appearing in due course

Gaz
I have 20:20 vision - I can see anything bigger than 20" x 20"

npereira

is there a log file generated for errors?

one of my RSS feed, turns off on its own (red 'x' in rss feeder) and I dont know why.

npereira

SlammedDime

My body does have to sleep, and I do have a full time job, please do not expect a response in 5 hours.

This logs error in the forum's error log.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

npereira

Oh,sorry bout that. So why would this rss turn itself off?

SlammedDime

You'd have to check the error log on the forum... it normally would happen if there is an issue with the feed, which can be any number of things.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Advertisement: