News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

RSS Feeder

Started by SlammedDime, January 11, 2009, 06:06:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

npereira

this is the error i see in the logs:

Guest   Yesterday at 11:01:20 PM 

Type of error: General 
http://www.blablabla.ca/index.php?PHPSESSID=******************&scheduled=task;ts=1248102000 
: http://www.blablabla.ca/index.php?action=classifieds;sa=rss;cat=2;type=recent (XML error: undefined entity at line 18, column 756)

SlammedDime

Means there is an error in the XML syntax and the file can't be parsed.
XML error: undefined entity at line 18, column 756
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Spiritwarrior

Does the mod work for SMF 2.0 RC1-2 yet? It wouldn't allow me to install it. Can it be done manually and still work?

Eclipse16V

On my SMF 2.0RC1.2 work it  ;)
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

Spiritwarrior

Quote from: Eclipse16V on July 21, 2009, 05:21:42 AM
On my SMF 2.0RC1.2 work it  ;)

By that, did you do file edits and add the scripts for it to work?

SlammedDime

At the bottom of your package manager, lower right corner, click 'Advanced' and change your version to 2.0 RC1, install the mod, then change it back to 2.0RC1.2
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Spiritwarrior

Quote from: SlammedDime on July 21, 2009, 07:50:06 AM
At the bottom of your package manager, lower right corner, click 'Advanced' and change your version to 2.0 RC1, install the mod, then change it back to 2.0RC1.2

Got it, finally installed! Thanks for the heads up, I've overlooked the Advanced option in the Packages area.  ;)

Bastor

Hi,
work you a version for RC 2.0 RC 1.2 or wait you off the final version?

Thanks
Bastor

SlammedDime

Please read two posts above yours
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Rockz

Great mod Slammed.

I skimmed looking for this but didn't see anything so asking here.  Is it possible for an RSS post to "jump" to a different forum category if a member posts a reply to it?  My issue is that someone posts a reply to something they want to have a conversation about, but then that reply gets buried by the next RSS load and thus, it's pretty much impossible to have conversations regarding any of the feeds.

So if a feed has a reply posted to it, is it possible for that feed to automatically be moved to another forum category or board that I set up specifically for that purpose?  Or at the very least, is it possible for the feed that was responded to be moved to the very top and not be buried by future feed loads?

I hope I am making sense.  I'm wanting to create discussions from the feeds rather than just offering feeds for people to read and move on.

Thanks.

neteater

how to find a Regular Expression for a rss feed for posting copmlete article please help me

SlammedDime

Read first post, tutorial linked there.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

neteater

may be i am wrong but i failed to find anything explaining regular expression

SlammedDime

Directly from the first post...

Quote from: SlammedDime on January 11, 2009, 06:06:42 AM
Regex Help
Attached to this post is a file named regex.php... you can upload this script to your web server to test out your regular expressions with a given input.  It's pretty self explanatory... the goal is end up with what you want in the [1] => part of the array returned.  For debugging purposes, the entire matches array is displayed.  See this post of the topic as well.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

milenmk

I've chanched my forum version to v2 RC1 but can't install it. Gives me an error "You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!", but all files and folders are set to CHMOD 777. Also tried to change the code by hand and run add_settings.php. So, if I paste in the url ~index.php?action=admin;area=modsettings;sa=rssfeeds, it opens the site but no menus there. Can you help?

DarkSynopsis

Not sure if this has been answered but installed this on SMF 2.0 RC1.2 and just noticed it did not post anything from an RSS when it ran 10 minutes ago.

I checked my Task Log and has "RSS Feeder, Today at 03:04:32 AM, 0 seconds" and it did nothing, yet the moment I run it myself it posted from the RSS.

milenmk

Ok. Got following errors:

8: Undefined index: mods_cat_rssfeeds
File: ~/Sources/Admin.php
Line: 217
// 'shout' => array($txt['shout']),
'rssfeeds' => array($txt['mods_cat_modifications_rssfeeds']), 

8: Undefined index: rss_feeder_desc
File: ~/Sources/ManageSettings.php
Line: 219
// Load up all the tabs...
$context[$context['admin_menu_name']]['tab_data'] = array(
'title' => &$txt['admin_modifications'],
'help' => 'modsettings',
'description' => $txt['modification_settings_desc'],
'rssfeeds' => array(
'description' => $txt['rss_feeder_desc'],

I use SMF 2.0RC1.2, and all the changes in files are made by hand - not automatic install of the mod

SlammedDime

Sounds like you just need to clear your file cache, or triple check that all of the language strings have been added to the modifications.english.php file.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

milenmk

Quote from: SlammedDime on August 05, 2009, 04:37:09 AM
Sounds like you just need to clear your file cache, or triple check that all of the language strings have been added to the modifications.english.php file.

Thanks. Got it working.

bromacleanse

How do I remove the source part at the bottom of each post? Any help will be much appreciated. Anyway, SMF ROCKS :D

Advertisement: