News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

RSS Feeder

Started by SlammedDime, January 11, 2009, 06:06:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlammedDime

Quote from: NBK*Twitch on August 14, 2009, 06:27:23 PM
Quote from: SlammedDime on August 14, 2009, 06:14:38 PM
Sorry, this won't be made for 1.1.x.  It uses too many SMF 2.0 specific functions.

Well could you tell me why it won't install on the latest rc?
It does, you just need to change the version number in the 'Advanced' box on the Browse Packages screen.

Quote from: ScottDB on August 14, 2009, 07:26:58 PM
Just thought I would ask again and find out if anybody knows of a mod or a way to do this?

QuoteJust curious if this can be modified or already is possible to have RSS feed into the ultimate profile for SMF 2.0 rc1.2. Would like to be able to have members post to their profile using rss
I'm not at all familiar with that mod, you may want to ask the author, I think that's outside the scope of this mod.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

TwitchisMental

Quote from: SlammedDime on August 14, 2009, 08:30:38 PM
Quote from: NBK*Twitch on August 14, 2009, 06:27:23 PM
Quote from: SlammedDime on August 14, 2009, 06:14:38 PM
Sorry, this won't be made for 1.1.x.  It uses too many SMF 2.0 specific functions.

Well could you tell me why it won't install on the latest rc?
It does, you just need to change the version number in the 'Advanced' box on the Browse Packages screen.

Quote from: ScottDB on August 14, 2009, 07:26:58 PM
Just thought I would ask again and find out if anybody knows of a mod or a way to do this?

QuoteJust curious if this can be modified or already is possible to have RSS feed into the ultimate profile for SMF 2.0 rc1.2. Would like to be able to have members post to their profile using rss
I'm not at all familiar with that mod, you may want to ask the author, I think that's outside the scope of this mod.

I do not see an advanced box.

SlammedDime

Quote from: SlammedDime on July 21, 2009, 07:50:06 AM
At the bottom of your package manager, lower right corner, click 'Advanced' and change your version to 2.0 RC1, install the mod, then change it back to 2.0RC1.2
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

TwitchisMental

Quote from: SlammedDime on August 14, 2009, 10:42:40 PM
Quote from: SlammedDime on July 21, 2009, 07:50:06 AM
At the bottom of your package manager, lower right corner, click 'Advanced' and change your version to 2.0 RC1, install the mod, then change it back to 2.0RC1.2

I just checked and I see no "advanced button"

SlammedDime

SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

TwitchisMental

Here is a print screen of mine -

SlammedDime

Did you upgrade from the 1.1.x line or install 2.0 fresh?

Are you using a modified copy of the default theme or the actual default theme?

When you do a version check, are all of your theme files at the proper version? (Admin Panel > Maintenance > Forum Maintenance > Routine > Check all files against current versions)
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

TwitchisMental

Quote from: SlammedDime on August 15, 2009, 02:27:39 AM
Did you upgrade from the 1.1.x line or install 2.0 fresh?

Are you using a modified copy of the default theme or the actual default theme?

When you do a version check, are all of your theme files at the proper version? (Admin Panel > Maintenance > Forum Maintenance > Routine > Check all files against current versions)

Upgraded form 1.1.1x

Nope it is the true default.

Yes they are at proper version

TwitchisMental

SlammedDime

I'd suggest uploading a fresh copy of the Packages.template.php file from the default theme from the SMF 2.0 RC1.2 download on our downloads page.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

TwitchisMental

Quote from: SlammedDime on August 16, 2009, 09:57:30 PM
I'd suggest uploading a fresh copy of the Packages.template.php file from the default theme from the SMF 2.0 RC1.2 download on our downloads page.

Ight I will do this :) .

Edit: Okay that did not work either :(.

DirtRider

Quote from: DirtRider on August 10, 2009, 04:29:41 AM
I am unable to get the following feed to post using the RSS Feeder http://feed43.com/7878018404721735.xml. However it seems to work no problem using PortaMx RRS feed option http://triumphtalk.com/index.php. I would really like this feed to be posted as threads and not just as a new item on my front page

Ok as this feed is quite important to my forum and I have had no response on both request about it look like I now need to ask for paid help here. So what will it cost me to get this feed working?
http://www.triumphtalk.com

"The real question is not whether machines think but whether men do. "

SlammedDime

Sorry DirtRider, I tested your feed at SimplePie and it seemed to work fine, yet on my test board, it did indeed not work.  I'll see if I can dig into it tomorrow when I wake up to figure out why it doesn't pull in data.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

DirtRider

Thanks that would really be appreciated  :D
http://www.triumphtalk.com

"The real question is not whether machines think but whether men do. "

bromacleanse

Hi there, there is something wrong with my UI at the Modification-->Rss Feeder Page. You see, after adding tons of rss feeds to a certain limit, I was not able to locate some of the feeds title(but the feeds were able to run when processed) on that page. Also, all the feeds stay in page 1, even though it should have been page 2.

SlammedDime

Quote from: bromacleanse on August 17, 2009, 06:19:29 AM
Hi there, there is something wrong with my UI at the Modification-->Rss Feeder Page. You see, after adding tons of rss feeds to a certain limit, I was not able to locate some of the feeds title(but the feeds were able to run when processed) on that page. Also, all the feeds stay in page 1, even though it should have been page 2.
Open ManageSettings.php

Code (Find) Select
list($numFeeds) = $smcFunc['db_fetch_row'];
and
Code (Replace) Select
list($numFeeds) = $smcFunc['db_fetch_row']($request);
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

SlammedDime

Quote from: DirtRider on August 17, 2009, 02:21:25 AM
Quote from: DirtRider on August 10, 2009, 04:29:41 AM
I am unable to get the following feed to post using the RSS Feeder http://feed43.com/7878018404721735.xml. However it seems to work no problem using PortaMx RRS feed option http://triumphtalk.com/index.php. I would really like this feed to be posted as threads and not just as a new item on my front page

Ok as this feed is quite important to my forum and I have had no response on both request about it look like I now need to ask for paid help here. So what will it cost me to get this feed working?

Ok, this one is a bit tricky.... the actual item does not contain a link, only the feed itself does, which means I'd have to make a few changes to the workings of the code.

For the time being, you can do the following (it's not the solution I'll use, but it'll work for you).

Open Sources/ScheduledTasks.php
Code (Find) Select
// If this item doesn't have a link or title, let's skip it
if ($item->get_permalink() === null || $item->get_title() === null)
continue;

-and-
Code (Replace) Select
// If this item doesn't have a link or title, let's skip it
if ($item->get_title() === null)
continue;
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

TwitchisMental

Any idea for my problem?

SlammedDime

Are you getting any 'Undefined Index' errors in your error log that say anything like Undefined Index: package_advanced_options  or package_advanced_button?
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

TwitchisMental

Quote from: SlammedDime on August 17, 2009, 05:53:15 PM
Are you getting any 'Undefined Index' errors in your error log that say anything like Undefined Index: package_advanced_options  or package_advanced_button?
Nope

Advertisement: