RSS Feeder

Started by SlammedDime, January 11, 2009, 06:06:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlammedDime

Neither error has anything to do with this mod, you should ask for support in the SMF 2 support board.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

butchs

I tested it and I disagree.

I am editing this post a little because my reply should have been better"
For example if you look at the install.xml you will find"

global $context, $txt, $sourcedir, $scripturl, $smcFunc;

one of the errors may go away if you change it to:
global $context, $txt, $sourcedir, $scripturl, $smcFunc, $board;

;)
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

GazOutEast

Dunno if it's relevant, but the $board v $row global was a source of several error log pains with the View Only Boards mod (version 1.2 and the 2.0RC2 version) - it caused lots of "undefined errors" in the error log.

If you have View Only Boards installed, you might want to clear those first, then see if it's still happening with RSS Feeder (I doubt it will - I'm not getting them any more after fixing View Only Boards)

Gaz
I have 20:20 vision - I can see anything bigger than 20" x 20"

SlammedDime

Sorry Butches, the second error is an error in the mod... the first however, is not.  I've corrected it in the install package locally and it will be fixed in the next version of the mod.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

SocksHeaven

i have installed mod properly it dosn't given me any error in any where but it's still not feeding.

url from importing feeds is DataLife Engine URL Example: http://yoursite.com/rss.xml [nofollow]

please Help Me

SlammedDime

fake urls don't help... I need a real url that your using to try and import.

Did you manually run the scheduled task in your admin panel?
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

SAFAD

can anybody tell me how to retrieve articles from FIFA.com ?
Best Regards
Sadaoui "SAFAD" Abderrahim - Lead Developer @ Electron Inc.

SocksHeaven

SocksHeaven

How to remove the source link?

SocksHeaven

is there any buddy will reply me?  :( waiting for reply from 3 days please atleast tell me how to remove source link and the other top link

SocksHeaven

SlammedDime Dear Please Reply  :(

Garou

SocksHeaven, I believe that was covered before. Try this....

In ScheduledTasks.php
Quote from: SlammedDime on October 22, 2009, 11:17:51 PM
Code (Find) Select
' . (!empty($source) ? '[b]Source:[/b] ' . $source . '

' : '') . (!empty($feed['footer']) ? $feed['footer'] : '');

Code (Replace) Select
' . (!empty($feed['footer']) ? $feed['footer'] : '');

GohighVoltage

Question,   getting feeds from CNET,     this is the feed:   http://news.cnet.com/8300-13860_3-56.xml

I am getting duplicate posts on every one.      Please helP?

SlammedDime

Quote from: SocksHeaven on January 08, 2010, 07:14:33 PM
SlammedDime Dear Please Reply  :(
Quote from: Garou on January 08, 2010, 11:20:13 PM
SocksHeaven, I believe that was covered before. Try this....

In ScheduledTasks.php
Quote from: SlammedDime on October 22, 2009, 11:17:51 PM
Code (Find) Select
' . (!empty($source) ? '[b]Source:[/b] ' . $source . '

' : '') . (!empty($feed['footer']) ? $feed['footer'] : '');

Code (Replace) Select
' . (!empty($feed['footer']) ? $feed['footer'] : '');
This is correct.

GoHighVoltage - Each item is posting twice?  Only twice, or more than that?  I can only see that happening if you have the feed setup twice in the admin panel.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

GazOutEast

Hi again SD

Getting a few errors kicking in in the error log in the format

Type of error: Undefined

http://www.domainname.com/board/index.php?action=admin;area=modsettings;sa=rssfeeds;feed=15

8: Undefined variable: board

File: /home/hostingaccount/public_html/board/Sources/ManageSettings.php
Line: 2169

The relevant line of ManageSettings.php is -

2127:  /* RSS Feeder Settings */

2166:            if (!isset($context['categories'][$row['id_cat']]))
2167:                $context['categories'][$row['id_cat']] = array (
2168:                    'name' => strip_tags($row['cat_name']),
2169:                    'boards' => array(),
2170:                );

It seems to be getting caused when a feed has no new content at the time of polling the feed.  It also causes the feed to be deactivated in the RSS Feeder settings (red button instead of green).

I've checked the allocated boards and they are correct.
3 Feeds out of around 50 have been affected over the last four days, so it's not critical, but I'd like to clear it so I have a clean error log each morning.

Any advice?

Regards
Gaz

GohighVoltage

Weird,  I don't have it twice in admin.  Yesterday mod worked fine.   Today,  it isn't working,  on 4 different feeds.    I even tried it manually and no go.   What could be wrong?

SlammedDime

Gaz - that error and the line number don't match what is on that line... undefined variable means that I tried using it, but it doesn't exist... on that line, the the variable $board isn't even called.  And the only way in the code that a feed can become disabled (other than manually setting it) is if there is an error with the feed itself.  I tried reproducing by pulling a feed (all items), then pulling it again (no new entries) and it did not disable and I didn't get any errors in my error log.

Can you verify the time/date on that error and make sure you haven't added/removed any mods since the error occurred?

Gohighvoltage - are you sure you're using this mod, and not vbgamers?  Some people have had issue with his where it pulls once, but never again for that feed.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

GazOutEast

SD - thanks for the reply - after I've grabbed something to eat (just back from burger flipping for the school kids) I'll recheck the error log and line number etc and report back.  I upgraded to RC2 on New Year's eve and have been slowly putting the mods back in and doing a very careful error log monitoring as my hosts are trigger happy with the account suspension button - I'm trying to squash all errors before adding too many extra mods, though i did put back two mods after the RSS Feeder, which I knew were not creating errors.  It may have affected the reported line numbers.

To do the upgrade, I essentially overwrote everything with the large package, deleted out all the mod files but left the database intact, and have been gradually reintroducing the mods (my members are a bit grumpy about that, but would be grumpier still if the hosting got suspended, eh?), so I'm not rushing anything - I expect this build to be stable for at least six months waiting for SMF 2.0 Gold release.

Keep forgetting to say - I really like this mod and just wish I could afford to donate something for the work you put into it, unfortunately current circumstances doesn't allow it (Mrs Gaz would have my nuts off with a rusty hacksaw if she thought I was giving money away right now).

Will report back later.

Gaz

GazOutEast

Hi SD

Back again with the last error (it appeared yesterday) from the error log, and is after the last plugin was added (the Sortable Packages plugin, and the one before that was Arantor's Tidy Boards plugin). 

It looks like these errors relate to editing the feed, rather than the feed operating and being posted.

Type of error: Undefined

http://www.domainname.com/board/index.php?action=admin;area=modsettings;sa=rssfeeds;feed=15

8: Undefined variable: board

File: /home/hostingaccount/public_html/board/Sources/ManageSettings.php
Line: 2176

I've numbered line 2176 for you

2155: // Load the boards and categories for adding or editing a feed.

$context['categories'][$row['id_cat']]['boards'][] = array(
'id' => $row['id_board'],
'name' => strip_tags($row['name']),
'category' => strip_tags($row['cat_name']),
'child_level' => $row['child_level'],
2176: 'selected' => !empty($_SESSION['move_to_topic']) && $_SESSION['move_to_topic'] == $row['id_board'] && $row['id_board'] != $board,
);

Hope it makes more sense to you this time?

I've also got three feeds that are constantly timing out (one of them due to an invalid SSL (LOL - and that one is PayPal's UK Press Agency - ROFL) but those are issues with the feeds themselves, not the mod.

Gaz

SlammedDime

At the top of the function, if you add $board to the global list of variables, that error will go away.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Advertisement: