News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

RSS Feeder

Started by SlammedDime, January 11, 2009, 06:06:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yngwiedis

Can someone help please ?
AmityHost.com - The Affordable Host

Spuds

try
~<div class=\'article_pure_text\'>(.*)<\/div>~isU

Yngwiedis

With this i get only the text of the article without images...

Yngwiedis

Hello again...

I dont get the ful article with this one.
I get only the RSS feed...

I just want to post articles from a greek news site to my forum, but i cant make any of them to display the full article.
Can i give you more HTML examples ?

Thank you very very much.

Kindred

I have not ever gotten it to pull the feed itself, not the full article.

Which is fine, actually, because the idea is that you are "borrowing" the info from another source, so you should be pointing people to the actual source.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Yngwiedis

I will point people to the actual source with the article link.
Is not enough ?

Kindred

as I said, I take the contents of the RSS feed, since that is what the sites have made available.  Taking the whole article is "iffy"
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Yngwiedis

Taking just one line from the RSS feed is not useful for my needs...

luuuciano

Wow, there is no way to use extended characters in some important fields like Title, Prefix, Footer?
If we use them the texts gets trimmed

btw, there is no way to post as a non existing member?
we will have to create bot members just to be able to post feeds?
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

luuuciano

Quote from: SlammedDime on September 16, 2010, 02:23:48 AM
You can disable the errors from showing up by altering the error_reporting line near the top of SMF's index.php to exclude E_STRICT messages (~E_STRICT).

It should be like this?

error_reporting(defined('E_STRICT') ? E_ALL | ~E_STRICT : E_ALL);
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

Willi Winzig

great mod thx
But one question  :)
is it possible, that maybe 5 feeds post in one topic (or all my feeds)?

Willi Winzig

Quote from: Willi Winzig on September 03, 2011, 03:10:45 PM
great mod thx
But one question  :)
is it possible, that maybe 5 feeds post in one topic (or all my feeds)?
push

oOo--STAR--oOo

Hey,

I am having a current issue.. Most of the feeds I get now have video previews of the games..
I was wondering how I would possible get this to strip the video link?
I have AEVA installed so all I would need todo is get the video link from a piece of code that looks like this..

<object width="560" height="315">
<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZjrsBq89VcQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0">
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZjrsBq89VcQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true">
</object>

All I want it to do is grab one of the YouYube links from here..
How would I do this?

Quotehttp://www.youtube.com/v/ZjrsBq89VcQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0

Some help with this would be great.
You can't fool a sufficiently talented fool.

http://www.uniquez-home.com
In Design Phase!

Mods I am designing,  No refresh Collapse Categories , Poll Redesign , Pure CSS Breadcrumb , Profile Statuses, Profile Views.

bwakino

Could someone help.... I unchecked HTML Enabled when editing a feed in Feed Poster Configuration.  Now the edit ability of that feed is completely locked out.... i can no longer edit that feed... delete that feed... or ad a new feed...   I tried and uninstall reinstall... but the Feed Configuration remains the same.  Can someone get me back to where i was?

MrMike

I apologize if these have already been asked a million billion times...

1) Can I install RSS Feeder alongside RSS Feed Poster? Will it cause any conflicts?

2) How gracefully does RSS Feeder handle HTML? I'm getting a lot of feeds with gobs of HTML in them (tables, line breaks, paragraphs, italics, links, etc). How well does RSS Feeder handle these kinds of feeds?

jay.clark

I wonder if enough of us got together and each donated 50 bucks we could entice the author to start working on Feed Poster again.

I like the package, but its in-ablity to process graphics and habbit of putting HTML codes into the post make it difficult to use

jayc
SMF 1.11- SMF 2.0 RC2/RC3 - - RSS Feed Poster 2.2,RSS Feeder 1.1.4, Downloads System Pro 1.0.17.1, SMF Classifieds 1.3.5, SMF Gallery Pro 3.0.2, SimpleDesk - Integrated Helpdesk for Simple Machines Forum 1.0 Felidae, Aeva Media 1.1b, Ultimate Profile     0.9, Google Analytics Code 1.1, Twitter and Facebook Publisher mod 2.4, Stop Spammer 2.3.7, SMF Links 2.2, Site map 2.1.2, AjaxChat Integration 3.2.1, Ad Management 2.3.6

SMF (Donated) SMF Links (donated) - Ad Manager (donated) - phpMyChat (donated)

MrMike

I'd put in some cash.

Quote from: jay.clark on October 12, 2011, 11:14:01 AM
I wonder if enough of us got together and each donated 50 bucks we could entice the author to start working on Feed Poster again.

I like the package, but its in-ablity to process graphics and habbit of putting HTML codes into the post make it difficult to use

jayc

MrMike

With a little fiddling around I got RSS Feeder to work very well in my forums.  :D

I modified some of the code to help clean up the incoming RSS with respect to HTML/BBCode, and now it's looking pretty good- it renders the images, HTML, videos, everything.

RSS Feeder also has one interesting feature I haven't had time to play with yet, and that's the option to retrieve the entire article. I plan to try that out and see how it goes.

If you want to take a look you can see the RSS poster in action here:
http://www.atheistroundtable.com/forum/

Currently it's posting to two different boards, "Atheist News Feeds" and "General Atheist Discussion".

awolexpat

MrMike,
Any chance you could post the edits made on here? I would like to try this out but am not able enough to work out what code needs altering. Thanks in advance.

MrMike

Quote from: awolexpat on October 12, 2011, 09:40:15 PMAny chance you could post the edits made on here? I would like to try this out but am not able enough to work out what code needs altering. Thanks in advance.

Sure, here you go. I'm not 100% positive that both of these edits are required, I'm still doing testing but it seems to be working for me. Let me know how it goes.

In "Sources/Subs-Editor.php", find this code:
// The harder one - wysiwyg to BBC!
function html_to_bbc($text)
{
    global $modSettings, $smcFunc, $sourcedir, $scripturl, $context;

Change it to this:
// The harder one - wysiwyg to BBC!
function html_to_bbc($text)
{
    global $modSettings, $smcFunc, $sourcedir, $scripturl, $context;

// Replace any '[size=-x]' instances with with '[/size][size=x]' 
    $text = str_replace('[/size][size=-1]', '[/size]', $text);

In "Sources/Subs-Rss.php", find this code:
function striphtml($document)
{
    // Just in case there aren't breaks after a </p>...
    $document = str_replace(array('</p>', '<br />', '<br>',  '</div>'), array("</p>\r\n", "<br />\r\n", "<br>\r\n", "</div>\r\n"), $document);

Change it to this:
function striphtml($document)
{
    // Just in case there aren't breaks after a </p>...
    $document = str_replace(array('</p>', '<br />', '<br>',  '</div>', '', '[size=-2]'), array("</p>\r\n", "<br />\r\n", "<br>\r\n", "</div>\r\n", "", ""), $document);

Advertisement: