News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

404 error

Started by GohighVoltage, January 11, 2009, 08:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GohighVoltage

I am getting a 404 error from one of the SMF help pages.  It is referencing this:

something.style.backgroundImage = "url(" + smf_images_url + (mode ? "/bbc/bbc_hoverbg.gif)" : "/bbc/bbc_bg.gif)");

But I don't have a /BBC directory?   Unless I accidentally deleted it?

greyknight17

Which help page is this? Can you give us the link to where this error is showing?

GohighVoltage

The error is coming up in google web crawl.

greyknight17

What do you mean? Google search? If so, can you give me the search link for Google or the search term you used and your website link?

GohighVoltage

No,  when using sitemap under google webmaster tools.

greyknight17

Try using the SMF Sitemap to see if it helps.

GohighVoltage

Will smf sitemap work in the 2.0 RC1?

GohighVoltage

Also, if it will,  how do I install it?  Is it an automatic install?

GohighVoltage

I tried to auto install and I got this error"

Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

greyknight17

There may be some changes between the versions, but we can see if it will work by making some manual changes to it. Which file is it causing an error on? Attach that file(s) here and we can provide the modified version for you.

GohighVoltage

This is what it says:

1.     Execute Code     add_settings.php     
*    2.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test successful
      1.    Add Before    ./index.php    Test successful
*    3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Admin.php    Test successful
      1.    Add After    ./Sources/Admin.php    Test successful
*    4.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManageSettings.php    Test successful
      1.    Add After    ./Sources/ManageSettings.php    Test successful
      2.    Add After    ./Sources/ManageSettings.php    Test successful
      3.    Add Before    ./Sources/ManageSettings.php    Test successful
*    5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
      1.    Add Before    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
*    6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.english.php    Test successful
      1.    Add Before    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.english.php    Test successful
*    7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
      1.    Add Before    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
*    8.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php    Test successful
      1.    Add Before    ./Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php    Test successful
*    9.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/style.css    Test successful
      1.    Add Before    ./Themes/default/style.css    Test successful
   10.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.french.php    Skipping file
   11.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.french.php    Skipping file
   12.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Who.french.php    Skipping file
   13.    Extract File    ./Sources/Sitemap.php    
   14.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/Sitemap.template.php

GohighVoltage

Anyone know why I am getting this error on the REGBAR install:

*     1.     Execute Modification     ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php     Test successful
      1.    Add Before    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
   2.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php    Skipping file
*    3.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
      1.    Add After    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
      2.    Replace    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
   4.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/warning.gif    
   5.    Extract File    ./warning.gif    
   6.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/warning.gif    
   7.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/css//regbar2.css

Tyrsson

More than likely a change in the index.template.php coding between versions.
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

GohighVoltage

Anyone know what I have to change to get smf site map and regbar to work?

Tyrsson

I have not had the time to run down all the changes yet... It would best to ask the mod author if it would be RC1 compatible.
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

Advertisement: