SMF Support > Server Performance and Configuration

Database Error

(1/5) > >>

mj38:
i was not for sure were to put this post here i hope it is in the right forum. i need some help i got this after i made a  post in my forum. how do i go about fixing this error

Database Error
Table 'oddlyeno_smf4.smf_related_subjects' doesn't exist
File: /home/oddlyeno/public_html/Sources/Subs-RelatedFulltext.php
Line: 72

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.7, while your database is at version 1.1.5. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

JimM:

--- Quote from: mj38 on January 13, 2009, 11:01:18 PM ---Database Error

--- End quote ---

This appears to be from Related Topics mod.  For mod Related Questions it is best to ask the mod author. You can find a link to a topic for the mod or a support board on the mod's page in the Mod Site

--- Quote from: mj38 on January 13, 2009, 11:01:18 PM ---
Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.7, while your database is at version 1.1.5. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

--- End quote ---

This can be fixed by opening phpMyAdmin (What is phpMyAdmin?) and running the following query:

--- Code: ---UPDATE `smf_settings` SET `value` = '1.1.7' WHERE `variable` = 'smfVersion' LIMIT 1
--- End code ---

Replace 'smf_' with your prefix if it is different.

mj38:
this error is showing up after i make a post and it will not show the post. but it will show the title of the post,and web hosting does not know how to fix this error. so i can get a update are what can i tell them how to fix this.

JimM:
That error is caused by the Related Topics mod.   Uninstall that mod and your error will go away.  Otherwise you will need to install the mod correctly.  It appears that you didn't create the table that it is looking for in the database.  Again all questions that you need to ask in the support topic for the mod.

Ricky.:
For related mod settings, there is option to build index for related topics. Do that and it will create tables for you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version