News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Forum Member Awards

Started by Jonny555, January 23, 2005, 08:55:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonny555

One thing I used to have running on my forums were member awards.

My web site features many competitions and the members like to have a trophy symbol showing in their profiles  and user info in posts.  We also used to have a merit award, the time waster award (for those who find great web links for us all to visit instead of painting!).

If a mod was made that enabled the admin of the forum to add these awards to members profiles would be fantastic and I think it would become a popular add-on.  Would also be valuable to make it easy to add new awards if needed.  I just don't know enough about php to attempt this yet.

Jerry

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

Jonny555

Thanks Jerry.  Sorry I'm a bit late in replying.

DoW Kid Rock

I checked on the link, but because I am not really familiar with php coding I can't do anything with it.....has anyone worked on this?

would really like to get an awards mod going

thank you

SKETCHi

Thats a great idea, I have weekly contests at my forum and it would be great if the winners had a medal displayed in their profile. I think it should also be displayed in posts, maybe a smaller image in posts and a larger image in profiles.

Advertisement: