News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

LightB Smilet Set

Started by Akyhne, January 17, 2009, 03:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akyhne

Link til mod

This is a set of lightly animated 20*20px smileys fitted to SMF forums using a bright background.  The smileys are made in traditional colours - yellow and dark colors.  This package only contains the standard smileys used in SMF and not the afro, azn, evil, police, and sleepy custom smileys!!!   The LightB smileys looks terrible in forums with very dark background!!! 

The LightB smileys are the same as the DarkB smileys that are made for dark backgrounds.

Added LightB smileys for Message Icons. It is only the smileys themself with a new question mark, exclamation lamp. Thumbs Up,Thumb Down are not included. Manual installation note is in the .zip file

NEW: Added the smileys police, azn, mad, laugh, evil and afro in version 1.1. You have to add some of these manually.

Akyhne

Preview of smileys and message icons (not animated here).

ccraciun

Excelent mod!
It replaced fine all the default smileys without manual edit; you just need to add them as default - see attachment.

Thanks a lot!

Akyhne

You are welcome. Nice site you have :)

ccraciun

Thanks. Though, i still got a lot of improvements to add; one item on the lists was to change the default smileys and now it's solved.  ;)

Chas Large

Many thanks, great smiley set.

Cheers

Chas
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Akyhne

Thx, I actually have a few more on the way :)

Chas Large

OK.

The smileys are working OK except the rolling eyes one. When posting it adds an extra colon and results in : :)

being posted. If I try to edit the smiley, which shows the rolling eyes image correctly I get the following error. I suspect it's the forum software 1.1.8 which is at fault as the same error occurs when trying to edit ANY smiley.

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LENGTH(code) DESC' at line 2
File: /home/servername/forumname/path/forum/Sources/ManageSmileys.php
Line: 654

Any ideas?

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Akyhne

I recently had a similar problem. I don't remember exactly what it was.

Chas Large

It seems it's definitely the forum software. It's doing the same thing on another forum.
I've deleted light on that and still get the error but the functionality works. So change from Post Form to hidden gives the error but still hides the smiley from the form.

If you select Roll Eyes from any other smiley set you get : :) just the same.

I suspect it's the keystroke and I'll try to change it and see if that fixes it.

Chas.

Chas Large

Right, fixed. Changed the code from : ) to { : ) (without the spaces) and the smiley works now.

Chas.

Akyhne

Shouldn't really be nessescary, the codes are the standard codes, so you have some kind of problem elsewhere.

Akyhne

Ahhh, remember now: http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=1079
So it's basically a 1.1.8 bug.

You can just let it be as it is now, but I would correct it to keep the forum standard code for smileys. Then you won't have any issues in the future.

Chas Large

Thanks akyhne,
Have read through the link and this will fix the MySql errors seen whilst editing the Smileys page and presumably elsewhere but I can't see how this fixes the wrong smiley being assigned to the code ::) .

Will it?

Chas.

Akyhne

The error I had turned up because I had so many smileys that I had to use the [more] popup option for smileys. Making those changes did the trick. I never checked what kind of influence it had to the code.
But making those few changes, even it doesn't help with smileys, will at least free you from errors in your log.

Chas Large

Thanks again akyhne,

I have done the second edit to the manage_smileys.php file and this has cured the editing problem.

I cannot find the upgrade_1-1.sql file, I guess that would be in an upgrade package for the forum.

My server is running 5.0.4 of Mysql and I have requested the server ISP to upgrade to 5.1 Will have to wait and see if they will.

So with the fixed manage smileys page working I changed the code for the rolling eyes back to ::) and it now works correctly.

I suspect therefore the dB had been corrupted.

Thanks for the pointers to the problem, all is now well.

Cheers

Chas.

Akyhne

If you download a upgrade package and only put the *.sql file(s) AND the upgrade.php into your root, you can then run the www.yoursite.com/upgrade.php to get the package to upgrade your db properly.
Remember to make the changes as mentioned in my link. When you run upgrade.php, there's an option to get some debug info. This will tell you if every sql query was done correct.

When you are past the sql upgrade, you can just close the browser. Remember to remove upgrade.php!!

Aky

Akyhne

Added 6-8 new smileys and edited a few of the old ones.

Omebolle

Great smiley set, had no problems installing them after I saw I had to change the setting ccraciun mentioned
Keep up the good work 8)
What a nuisance by the way, typing those letters. Had to do it about 20 times before it finally worked

Advertisement: