News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

seo-board converter

Started by d_adams, December 24, 2014, 07:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_adams

Found this for info. http:// www. forum-software. org/seo-board/review 

It has a mysql database. Would like to get it converted to SMF. How does one go about this?

margarett

Hi.

Do you run such a forum or are you just asking "generally"?

I didn't even found an official site...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

d_adams

I'm a member on one forum that I know it's being used on. The offical website for it was taken down some time back, so I have no real support available for it. I've asked the current owner what the options are, it's a fairly popular board for the users, but it's a bit clunky.

I may be able to get access to the full database to convert it, but I currently have no idea what the layout is like on it internally.

margarett

Can you give me the url to that forum?

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

d_adams

margarett

Thank you, I've seen it.

I can work a converter for you, yet:
- I need at the very least, a database dump of it. Ideally, I would prefer to have the software installation in order to install it locally and work through the converter with controlled-created content
- IIRC, this is the first request I've seen for such software so I'm afraid it's very low on the priorities list...

d_adams

I will see what I can get from them. Found out there's another board that's using the same software that may need to be converted also. Thanks for looking into it. :)

margarett

Well, softpedia gave me a package to download so I should be able to install it locally and build a converter.

Can't promise when, though :(

d_adams

Anything at all is an improvement over where it's at right now, so whenever you get the time, I'd appreciate it.

margarett

Well, I guess I need to get a very old php/mysql version to install this :P
Lots of deprecated errors and MySQL TYPE stuff :P

margarett

Do you know the collation of your database and tables? I'm pretty sure it won't do utf8 but I'd like to confirm ;)

d_adams

I will ask. May not get an answer from the current maintainer until after Jan 4 though.

Advertisement: