News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Released: Eblah 10.x to SMF 2.x Converter

Started by esaym, January 08, 2015, 02:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esaym

I am releasing to public a converter to take an eblah 10.x install and convert it to SMF 2.x. To get this working I had to combine many of the other eblah and smf converters (which were all for different versions) into this  then spend many hours debugging.... I could only get it to work from the command line.

If a step fails to complete, it will probably leave the database in a bad (but fixable) state.
All the conversion steps work normally by first altering a table to turn off any auto increment id columns. Then data from eblah is inserted. If that steps fails (for what ever reason), when the step is run again, it will immediately fail again because the alter to turn off any auto increment id column will fail as it will have already been done.
So the fix will be to re-enable the auto increment column and then re-run. Those were the majority of issues with the conversion process. Never got time to hone all those out. But as long as your have a "fairly normal" eblah install, you shouldn't have any issues.

hxxp:github.com/smith153/eblah_to_smf [nonactive]

Advertisement: