News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] Burning Board 3

Started by ThorstenE, January 19, 2009, 02:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThorstenE

The cause of this error is that SMF and WBB are in separate databases and the SMF database user does not have access to WBB's database.

Fix: If your host has cPanel you can add the SMF database user to WBB's database.  If your host does not have cPanel you can contact them with regards on how to accomplish this. As well as a last resort, what you can do is reinstall SMF in the same database as WBB. WBB and SMF use different table prefixes, thus they don't interfere each other.

djsami

Quote from: Thorsten Eurich on September 25, 2012, 01:23:01 AM
The cause of this error is that SMF and WBB are in separate databases and the SMF database user does not have access to WBB's database.

Fix: If your host has cPanel you can add the SMF database user to WBB's database.  If your host does not have cPanel you can contact them with regards on how to accomplish this. As well as a last resort, what you can do is reinstall SMF in the same database as WBB. WBB and SMF use different table prefixes, thus they don't interfere each other.
yes just like in the picture, but the same error persists, you make your cpanel password, you

ThorstenE

ok, from your screenshots I suspect You've installed SMF AND WBB in the database named airsoft_smf?

If you're using the converter from my github account you shouldn't need migration.php, but you have been asked for a wbb table prefix and for a wcf table prefix. the first one should be filled with wbb1_1_, the second one should be filled with wcf1_.

djsami

Quote from: Thorsten Eurich on September 25, 2012, 07:53:22 AM
ok, from your screenshots I suspect You've installed SMF AND WBB in the database named airsoft_smf?

If you're using the converter from my github account you shouldn't need migration.php, but you have been asked for a wbb table prefix and for a wcf table prefix. the first one should be filled with wbb1_1_, the second one should be filled with wcf1_.

http://www.airsoftturk.com/wbb3/convert.php [nofollow]

WCF table prefix (default is wcf1_ ):   
WBB table prefix (default is wbb1_1_ ):

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of Burning Board 3. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error that was received from the Database was: SELECT command denied to user 'airsoftt_smf'@'localhost' for table 'wbb1_1_user'

ThorstenE

please try the following (enter these in the text boxes):
path to SMF: /home/airsoftt/public_html/smf
path to WBB: /home/airsoftt/public_html/forum
wcf table prefix: wcf1_
WBB table prefix_ wbb1_1_
MySQL password: your mysql password used while installing SMF.

djsami

Quote from: Thorsten Eurich on September 25, 2012, 10:55:27 AM
please try the following (enter these in the text boxes):
path to SMF: /home/airsoftt/public_html/smf
path to WBB: /home/airsoftt/public_html/forum
wcf table prefix: wcf1_
WBB table prefix_ wbb1_1_
MySQL password: your mysql password used while installing SMF.
error

ThorstenE

ok, please validate the MySQL password.. the password you're typing in that box is the same password located in the file Settings.php from your SMF installation (line 43, the variable is named db_passwd =)?

djsami

Quote from: Thorsten Eurich on September 25, 2012, 12:37:56 PM
ok, please validate the MySQL password.. the password you're typing in that box is the same password located in the file Settings.php from your SMF installation (line 43, the variable is named db_passwd =)?

$db_name = 'airsoftt_smf';
$db_user = 'airsoftt_smf';
$db_passwd = 'xxxxxxxxx';

???

ThorstenE

Quote from: djsami on September 25, 2012, 12:41:35 PM
ok, let's validate these via phpMyAdmin... please login with this credentials and go to the sql window, there you paste this sql query and tick the submit button. Exactly this is what the converter tries to do..

SELECT * from wbb1_1_user LIMIT 10;

Do you get the same error?

djsami

Quote from: Thorsten Eurich on September 25, 2012, 01:05:30 PM
Quote from: djsami on September 25, 2012, 12:41:35 PM
ok, let's validate these via phpMyAdmin... please login with this credentials and go to the sql window, there you paste this sql query and tick the submit button. Exactly this is what the converter tries to do..

SELECT * from wbb1_1_user LIMIT 10;

Do you get the same error?

no no no

Showing rows 0-9 (10 total, Query 0.0301 sec. Took)
SELECT *
FROM wbb1_1_user
LIMIT 10
sql no promlem

ThorstenE

ok, and you're loging in to phpMyAdmin with the same credentials (username & password) your SMF was installed? That's really odd and I have no clue about the reason.. My last idea: export your database and import it on localhost, you'd need a local webserver instance (such as XAMPP or vertrigo) for that but it should do the trick. I've used the converter more than 100 times and it's working as expected, thus it must be related to your host.

djsami

yes zero smf smf database was installed on the database wbb yes both in the same way works fine, but unfortunately, I give you the information I gave you, or if you try to backup cpanel? ?
www.airsoftturk.com/smf
www.airsoftturk.com/forum

I'm starting from scratch, wipe host

Oldiesmann

Make sure the wbb installation is pointing to the tables in the SMF database. It appears that's what's causing your problems here.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

hugo2

humm get this error after convert
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSEIF in /home/fiskefni/public_html/forum/smf/Sources/LogInOut.php on line 342

what now???

ThorstenE

Quote from: hugo2 on September 28, 2012, 04:03:46 AM
humm get this error after convert
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSEIF in /home/fiskefni/public_html/forum/smf/Sources/LogInOut.php on line 342
The file Sources/LogInOut.php seems broken, did you install the login fix? You don't need it for SMF 2.0, the fix is build-in.
Fix: Replace the file Sources/LogInOut.php with a new file from the install or upgrade package.

hugo2

zapex

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of Burning Board 3.0. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error that was received from the Database was: SELECT command denied to user 'gs2043'@'localhost' for table 'wbb1_1_user'

and there are no prefixes... www.puu.sh/1CJy9 [nofollow] see this.. I got wrong convert.php or what ?

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of Burning Board 3.0. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error that was received from the Database was: SELECT command denied to user 'gs2043'@'localhost' for table 'wbb1_1_user'

Oldiesmann

That error means that the "gs2043" user does not have access to the database that the wbb1_1_user table is on.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

zapex

Quote from: jrhicks on May 21, 2010, 05:39:07 AM
Hello,

I'm trying to convert how can I fix this:

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of Burning Board 3.0. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: SELECT command denied to user 'websiten_wb'@'localhost' for table 'wbb1_1_user'

Thanks, Roger

zapex

Quote from: Oldiesmann on December 19, 2012, 11:20:33 AM
That error means that the "gs2043" user does not have access to the database that the wbb1_1_user table is on.

well it is on gs2043_wbb , ... and smf is on gs2043_smf ... god.. how to edit the mysql username ... as  i said it always says gs2043 , and wcf is on gs2043_wbb .. there are no opitions for mysql username in this damn convert.php.. i use wrong convert.php or ?

Advertisement: