Mambo bridge registration won't work?

Started by futurepbamember, February 23, 2005, 07:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

futurepbamember

I can't figure it out, I can not get the SMF bridge registration to show. It keeps opening the actually forum registration page.

My domain is: www.bowlinginteractive.com

Thanks!

I believe your register link should look something like this:

http://...../index.php?option=com_smf_registration&task=register

futurepbamember

I know it should, but I never had to make a change to anything. I had been beta testing my site offline, but the HTTP server is a clean install ofeverything. I don't get it. I followed all of the instructions and everything!  :D

Janner

You could make these changes to correct the links in the Bridge login module:

edit file
themedir/languages/index.english.php

<Find>
$txt['welcome_guest'] = 'Welcome, <b>' . $txt[28] . '</b>. Please <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=login">login</a> or <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=register">register</a>.';

<Replace with>
$txt['welcome_guest'] = 'Welcome, <b>' . $txt[28] . '</b>. Please login or <a href="'. $GLOBALS['mosConfig_live_site'] .'/index.php?option=com_smf_registration&task=register">register</a>.';

futurepbamember

Now I'm encountering another problem. If I logout, It automatically brings up the forum on the logout. Even though I have the parameter set to bring the user back to the page they were on. I have even tried setting it to bring the user back home, which it still brings up the forum.

BTW, I did fix the register link... Thank you!

Kindred

this is a known issue.... There have been about 20 posts on this subject.

The parameter does not set properly for logouts....  itwill be fixed next rev.
in the mean time, you can either just take it, or hardcode the logout redirect.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

futurepbamember

chadness

I'm not sure of the code off hand, but search the forums - this has been answered repeatedly.

Advertisement: