Error in Sources Folder

Started by LeddaBlue, January 20, 2009, 05:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rumbaar

Sorry to ask for another file, but can I have the $sources/Packages.php file as well.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

LeddaBlue

butterfly in the wind without a care...

www.fishenchantment.com

Rumbaar

Okay hopefully third times a charm, they all appear to be correct.  Can only be in ./Sources/PackageGet.php now, as that is the only other file altered that related to packages with the 1.1.6->1.1.7 upgrade.  Fingers crossed.

What annoys me, is that I can't find where 'or your package manger to function properly please upgrade to the latest version of SMF' is being populated.  From either a $txt[] or hard coded ...
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

LeddaBlue

I feel your frustration!

here's the other file

www.fishenchantment.com

Rumbaar

I'm at a loss, I'll try to get some others to look at this.

If the only mods to your forum are actual version updates.  You might be able to get the affected files from the large upgrade package, for 1.1.7 and 1.1.8 and upload those over your files and see if they allow it to run correctly.

[ Themes ]

LeddaBlue

I have two mods, ad management and shoutoutbox. I will work on doing the large upgrade thanks for all your help!

www.fishenchantment.com

Rumbaar

Let hold off on the large upgrade at the moment, and see how it goes.  There might be only a few files that if 'overwritten' with the current build will fix the issue.

You can view the general SMF news in your AdminCP front page okay?

[ Themes ]

LeddaBlue

yes I can read all of the news and everything, but not my package manager

www.fishenchantment.com

LeddaBlue

I'm not sure if it makes a difference or if it's relevant but I cannot view the installed packages either.  The only one listed there is SMF 1.0.11/1.1.3 which seems strange to me.

www.fishenchantment.com

Rumbaar

The Ads Management mod doesn't show in your list, did you manually install that as well?  Now sorry to hash again, but you were working 100% okay.  Then installed the 1.1.6-1.1.7 upgrade via the AdminCP and this happened straight away?

When was the last mod install/upgrade installed before that?  Did anything change during that time till the last upgrade patch installation?

[ Themes ]

LeddaBlue

I have always been able to use the package manager to upgrade SMF until I upgraded from 1.1.6 to 1.1.7.  The previous upgrade was SMF 1.0.14 / 1.1.6 Update. 

I installed the Ad Management Mod and the Shoutoutbox Mod after I upgraded to 1.1.7, I just downloaded the mod and uploaded it to the forum. 

I have always had an issue with seeing my installed packages and mods and have never been able to uninstall any of them from the package manager except for the only one that is listed which is SMF 1.0.11 / 1.1.3 Update.  (that is the only one that has ever been listed on there- maybe that's the way it's supposed to be I am not sure)

www.fishenchantment.com

Rumbaar

Well as per your screenshot you have 6(12) mods listed as installed, so you're getting more than just that 1.1.3 one listing.  From what I can tell.

What are the entries in your Error logs?

[ Themes ]

LeddaBlue

When I look at package manager/installed packages that's where I only see 1.1.3 just to clarify, but I do see all of my upgrades when I am looking at my package manager/browse packages.   

I have this error twice from 10:42 this morning and once Feb 17th and twice Feb 13th

Database Error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
File: /hsphere/local/home/sanderso/fishenchantment.com/SMF/Sources/Load.php
Line: 2017

mostly the rest are password incorrect errors

I found this one from January 25th
8: Undefined offset: 0
File: /hsphere/local/home/sanderso/fishenchantment.com/SMF/Themes/default/ManageSmileys.template.php (eval?)
Line: 441

www.fishenchantment.com

LeddaBlue

I am not sure that this is relevant because my pc at work is older but I found something else strange... I have been using my personal pc to do this and yesterday I got on my work PC and got these two errors when I went to my forum www.fishenchantment.com/SMF
but again it's ONLY on my work PC and not anywhere else, I have asked everyone if when they go to the site if these come up and everyone says no? no problem but on my work pc I get these two errors. 

this error really has me freaking out but yesterday or the day before my windows updated...and I researched this error a little bit and didn't find a whole lot I think it's just my pc

www.fishenchantment.com

Rumbaar

Yeah, now it seems you've got something wrong at the server level.  It could be host inserting content or hacked template/source files.  This might be the cause of all your other issues, as it might be messing with javascript.

[ Themes ]

LeddaBlue

I'm going to talk to my host and see what they say they've always been really good about getting things straight for me.   Thanks for trying to help me out anyway.  I really am just at a loss, I hope they can help me figure out what the problem is.  It's strange that I only get that error on one computer and not one other person has ever gotten that error. 

www.fishenchantment.com

LeddaBlue

I think this is my problem but have not been able to figure it out yet, I contacted my host and awaiting a response but I find tons of these in my error logs from today and yesterday.

www.fishenchantment.com

Rumbaar

That could be due to the extra load any hack might be causing, but that also could mean the current mySQL server isn't able to handle your forum.

Via FTP check out your root index.php and template index.template.php files for any malicious code.  This is a place to start.  Even BoardIndex.template.php.

[ Themes ]

LeddaBlue

I know this is probably a dumb question but I don't really know what to look for, I'm not sure what a malicious code would look like, I've never had to do that before and not familiar with it.

www.fishenchantment.com

LeddaBlue

I have found that the error I was getting: exploit link to known exploit site, is being caused by AVG and is only happening to me on my work pc and nowhere else and noone else has that error.

I do not think that error has anything to do with why my package manager is not functioning properly. But I still have my host looking into it for me. 

What would be the best way to update since the package manager is not functioning properly?  But do you think that would get my package manager to function correctly anyway?  It was working fine until the last update 1.1.7

www.fishenchantment.com

Advertisement: