News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Is developing a 2.0b4 forum a good idea right now?

Started by Vandaahl, January 21, 2009, 09:01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vandaahl

I'm currently using a pretty large 1.1.5 installation. I have alot of free time on my hands the coming weeks, so I'm working on adapting my custom theme and mods for 2.0 beta 4. I can't really wait for RC1 or the final release of 2.0, because by that time I won't have the time to convert everything.

Thing is, will updates like RC1 potentially break my custom 2.0b4 theme? Or mod compatibility?

Acans

I would think so for your theme with the action=profile and also any mods that add stuff to user profiles, eg take a look at your profile, this from is currently running 2.0 RC1 and the action=profile layout has been updated compaired to 1.1.x and 2.0.x Beta
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Antechinus

You'll have RC1 fairly soon. If you have a few weeks to play with I'd wait for it.

Vandaahl

Alright, well I'l start on some things anyway. What does "action=profile" do?

Antechinus

Advertisement: