2.4 not working with internet explorer

Started by cultureco, January 21, 2009, 11:00:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cultureco

he
I have a big problem. smf, fresh intallation, is not working with IE. As you can see, I have a probleme with the second menu, it is on le left, not align right
if someone can help me

I mean
theme_linktree

H

Welcome to SMF.
Any mods installed?
Does the problem occur with English as the language?

If possible, please post a link to your site :)
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

cultureco

thank you for tour reply
yes, even with ennglish language, and it a new install.
I even try an othe install and it's the same probleme.

cultureco

I think the prole is comming from this

// Show the page index... "Pages: [1]".
   echo '
<div class="clearfix margintop" id="postbuttons">
   <div class="margintop middletext floatleft">', $txt['pages'], ': ', $context['page_index'], !empty($modSettings['topbottomEnable']) ? $context['menu_separator'] . ' &nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="#lastPost"><strong>' . $txt['go_down'] . '</strong></a>' : '', '</div>
   <div class="next">', $context['previous_next'], '</div>
   <div class="nav floatright">', template_button_strip($normal_buttons, 'bottom'), '</div>
</div>';

there is no css floatright

cultureco

May be it's because of my css. Can someone send me here his forum's css et style.css of perhaps 2.2 or 2.1
thank you

H

The old files can be found in the archive section on the download page. You can also compare your CSS to one in the latest download archive.

This is almost certainly something specific to your site or client configuration as this isn't normal behaviour on a 2.0b4 install
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

if your talking about the text over lapping i had this problem and it was solved

i will get the link to the topic it was solved in :)

EDIT:

here is the solved topic
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=280979.0

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

cultureco

No, it not this probleme, i try to install it on an other probleme and it's the same probleme, under IE juste

cultureco

Up
Can someone please send me his css have probleme with floatleft and floatright with internet explorer 6

greyknight17

This is a problem with IE6 and has been reported already. Open up /Themes/default/css/ie6.css and add the following into it (if it doesn't exist already):

.modbuttons .buttonlist_bottom ul, .modbuttons .buttonlist ul, .floatright .buttonlist ul, .floatright .buttonlist_bottom ul, .readbuttons .buttonlist ul, .readbuttons .buttonlist_bottom ul
{
    float: left;
}

If a similar code exists, replace float: right; with float: left; instead.

Advertisement: