News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

No New Pm's But Pop Up Still Shows

Started by glennk, January 21, 2009, 01:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennk

One member of my forum is currently having problems with the PM pop up showing everytime he accesses the forum. Howevere he has no new pm's so the message should not be showing. Your help with this would be useful.

This is what he says :

Quoteit always says i have 1 unread PM and everytime i log in I get the popup.

just prior to getting the problem i used the prune messages function to remove all my messages

lordtron

That seems to big a little bug with SMF.
What needs to happen is that he needs to receive another message, then check his message. Then that should stop happening.

I get this problem all the time. It usually happens when you are in the PM section and you receive a new PM.

VainSoftGames.com - New Design To Gaming

eagled2

Thanks for the post. I havn't seen this problem yet but is good to know for when I do.

mattylamb

Quote from: lordtron on January 21, 2009, 07:01:49 PM
That seems to big a little bug with SMF.
What needs to happen is that he needs to receive another message, then check his message. Then that should stop happening.

I get this problem all the time. It usually happens when you are in the PM section and you receive a new PM.

Hi, I am the user with this problem and unfortunately I still have it. I have received lots of PM's since the issue started but it has not cleared up. no matter what I do, it always says I have 1 unread PM but i definitely haven't

in the inbox link on the left it always has a (1) even when i have no messages at all in my inbox. If i receive a new pm at that point it still says (1) but after deleting that message it still says (1)

its annoying because every time i log in i get the popup saying new PM

any help you can provide is appreciated, cheers

greyknight17

glennk & mattylamb, is this issue resolved now? If not, try the following:

Go into Admin->Forum Maintenance and run the following:

Optimize all tables to improve performance.
Find and repair any errors.
Recount all forum totals and statistics.

If that still doesn't help, check the smf_pm_recipients and smf_personal_messages table to see if you can spot any new PMs for mattylamb.

Advertisement: