News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Weird Mod error

Started by Jon93, January 20, 2009, 10:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon93

OKay, I have SMF 2 beta 4 and Im trying my hardest to Mod it. But i kept getting an error saying some files were not writable, but they all were. I was told to add a directory in the packages dir. called temp. I did so. Now the mods install fine, and I apply them too. But when I try to manage them, theres no site of them, nothing, Cant even see them anywhere, but there installed and applied? Did I do something wrong directory wise? Im willing to start all over with a proper tutorial.

Tyrsson

Are you using the default theme?

If not did you choose the option to install into more than one theme after you selected to apply the mod?

The settings and permissions should still be there however.
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

Jon93

Well, Im using a custom Theme. But its not like The mod is messing up or anything, Its not even in place to begin with  :P

eagled2

It sounds like your saying the mod is installed but you can't find an option for it anywhere in your site. Since your using a custom theme you'll prob have to manually update your theme to add the options for the new mod. Usually extracting the mod and opening the xml file for your smf version will have instructions for a manual install.

Tyrsson

There is also a mod parser here that will give you the manual install instructions.

In the 2.x version you can select to install into more than one theme as long as the theme templates pass.
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

greyknight17

Jon93, is this issue resolved now? If you are using a custom theme, the mod may or may not show up depending on what files it edited. You can try switching back to the default theme to see if you can see them. That should show if it was installed properly or not.

Advertisement: