News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Changing HELP tab to ba ba and change where it goes

Started by Acans, January 21, 2009, 09:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acans

Ok, now i tryed to do this but failed when i relised that tut was for 1.1  :-X

So i know i need to edit index.english.php and index.template.php

I think i've done it correctly in english by changing

$txt[help] = 'Help';
to
$txt[119] = 'Manual';

but what do i need to do in index.template.php

Theirs no Show help button like in 1.1
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

NEMINI

buttons are not generated in the theme files in 2.x they are in /Sources/Subs.php
signatures are boring.

Acans

Quote from: NEMINI on January 22, 2009, 12:38:39 AM
buttons are not generated in the theme files in 2.x they are in /Sources/Subs.php

kk, do you know how to do it
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Acans

greyknight17

It's still stored in cache. Go to /cache and look for lang_index+Modifications_english_default.php. Delete it when found. That should refresh it if you already changed the text to:

$txt[119] = 'Manual';

To change the link, open up /Sources/Subs.php:

Code (Search for) Select
'help' => array(
'title' => $txt['help'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=help',
'show' => true,
'sub_buttons' => array(
),
),

Change $scripturl . '?action=help' to whatever you want.

Acans

greyknight17

Single quotes should make it work. Something like:

'help' => array(
'title' => $txt['help'],
'href' => 'http://www.yoursite.com',
'show' => true,
'sub_buttons' => array(
),
),

Acans

Does this work for 2.0 RC1. Or has it been changed since 2.0.4

Tyrsson

The menu uses the same syntax in 2RC1. SO it should work ;)
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

Acans

Advertisement: