News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Local Moderators

Started by Acans, January 22, 2009, 09:01:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acans

Hello, I would like to disable people being shown as local moderators inside certain boards but still show them as moderators in the board index, EG, instead of showing them as moderator with the default stars i want their primary membergroup to be show

Note, i only want this for certain boards
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Kermit

Perhaps you want sth. like that  ::)

Sources/Load.php

Code (find) Select
// By popular demand, don't show admins or global moderators as moderators.
         if ($user_profile[$id]['ID_GROUP'] != 1 && $user_profile[$id]['ID_GROUP'] != 2)
            $user_profile[$id]['member_group'] = $row['member_group'];

// If the Moderator group has no color or stars, but their group does... don't overwrite.
         if (!empty($row['stars']))
            $user_profile[$id]['stars'] = $row['stars'];
         if (!empty($row['member_group_color']))
            $user_profile[$id]['member_group_color'] = $row['member_group_color'];

Code (replace with) Select
         if ($user_profile[$id]['ID_GROUP'] != 1 && $user_profile[$id]['ID_GROUP'] != 2 &&  $user_profile[$id]['ID_GROUP'] != 3) {
            $user_profile[$id]['member_group'] = $row['member_group'];

// If the Moderator group has no color or stars, but their group does... don't overwrite.
         }
         //Above the Color Fix by DIN1031, it's possible it will be insert sometime!

Let me know,if that works
My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

Acans

And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Acans

Quote from: α¢αηѕ on January 22, 2009, 09:41:09 AM
it works, thanks

I made a mistake with my group i was testing, the id was 2 so that works, the one i change from 3 to the required id was 17 but it doesnt work.

Kermit

You can add to the related if-expression as much groups as you wish

if ($user_profile[$id]['ID_GROUP'] != 1 && $user_profile[$id]['ID_GROUP'] != 2 &&  $user_profile[$id]['ID_GROUP'] != 3 && $user_profile[$id]['ID_GROUP'] != x && $user_profile[$id]['ID_GROUP'] != y ) {

x & y should be replaced with the related group_ids
My Mods
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

Acans

nope, I tryed it, and deleted my cathe after it, but still doesnt work

Kermit

But it should,there is no other way to achieve that !

You make probably something wrong with the group_id's
My Mods

A. Einstein

Acans

mines set like this

if ($user_profile[$id]['ID_GROUP'] != 1 && $user_profile[$id]['ID_GROUP'] != 2 &&  $user_profile[$id]['ID_GROUP'] != 17 ) {

Kermit

What kinda group is that ? Also with ID 17-  Maybe post-based ?
My Mods

A. Einstein

Acans

Kermit

Can you take a screenshot from your membergroup list,is that possible ?
My Mods

A. Einstein

Acans

the membergroup index, or the edit page for the group im trying not to show as a local

Rumbaar

Is that membergroup (ID17) their primary membergroup?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Acans

Quote from: α¢αηѕ on February 02, 2009, 05:36:53 PM
the membergroup index, or the edit page for the group im trying not to show as a local

yes, and they have no addionatly membergroups

Rumbaar

Well it should work.  Try to delete all the stars from the Moderator member group.  It will then default to the normal Post Count group stars and have the defined Primary Membergroup.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Acans

Quote from: Rumbaar on February 12, 2009, 02:14:26 AM
Well it should work.  Try to delete all the stars from the Moderator member group.  It will then default to the normal Post Count group stars and have the defined Primary Membergroup.

Didn't work, I went into the load.php file tho and the dev's have added this

Once i removed the local mod colour it worked, thanks for your help Rumbaar

Advertisement: