News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

RSS Functionality - Flash?

Started by zach21uk, January 23, 2009, 08:05:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zach21uk

Hi There,

I make heavy use of the SMF Generated RSS Feeds but i've recently run into a roadblock that I could use some help with.

I have embedded an SWF Flash File into a news post, I use alot of SWF Media to Snazz up my Forum etc.  Anyway, the RSS isnt displaying the SWF file, instead its just showing code.

I'd like to have the RSS File display the SWF in the same fashion that images are also displayed.

Here is my feed URL:

http://www.hailingfrequency.co.uk/boards/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=on;board=42.0

Any ideas?

Thanks
Zach

Rumbaar

I'm not sure if the bbcode parse function can be applied to just parse the flash bbcode in RSS feeds.  Do you get smileys and other bbcode parsing correctly in a RSS feed?

I'm sure any limitation to the feed reader will limit the possible include of more exotic formats in the feed.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

青山 素子

Most feed readers strip HTML in a feed (for safety), so even if it would be included in the post, it would be stripped. Some allow certain "safe" tags like img. I do not know of a commonly-used reader that would allow the object tag.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Advertisement: