News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

What keeps the moderators and developers going?

Started by eclipsenow, January 29, 2009, 06:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eclipsenow

Hi guys,
what keeps the developers going? I hope that SMF "extras" that people might buy give you guys a bit of extra coffee money, because you're doing a bang-up job answering all us newbies questions, whether silly newbie misconceptions, flights of fantasy into the completely impossible, or our own personal panic attacks when we break something.

Thanks for your work, whatever drives you. :D
* Please don't PM me for help, I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ANYWAY!
* Please tick your thread as "resolved" when after you have implemented solutions to your problem

Eclipse Now predicts...
2015: Airlines bankrupt, freight routes collapse, agricultural crisis and the "Greater Depression" begins. Welcome to the end of the oil age!  (We had better leave oil before it leaves us!)

青山 素子

Actually, we are all volunteers here. We get no money for being on the team (even the project managers). We have been lucky enough to get shirts for Christmas.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

eclipsenow

Well then, that's just not fair and if I ran the world I'd do something about that. Now, just gotta solve the global warming, financial crisis, overpopulation and peak oil thing first....  ;D
* Please don't PM me for help, I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ANYWAY!
* Please tick your thread as "resolved" when after you have implemented solutions to your problem

Eclipse Now predicts...
2015: Airlines bankrupt, freight routes collapse, agricultural crisis and the "Greater Depression" begins. Welcome to the end of the oil age!  (We had better leave oil before it leaves us!)

Advertisement: