News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

eFloating Bar Mod for Guests & Members

Started by Ricky., January 26, 2009, 03:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricky.

Quote from: tanny on January 26, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
can u explain how to install in Custom Template ?

nice mode...

thnx
tanny

Go here: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1607
There Click on Submit which shows manual install instruction for the mod. ie. you have to download files and manually edit as per instructions you find there.

Ricky.

Quote from: marchingelite2 on January 27, 2009, 08:19:39 AM
ok ive done that and its installed, but now i got this on the very top of my page :(

//eFloatingbar for SMF by Ricky. $txt['admin_efloatingbar'] = 'eFloating Bar for SMF - Settings'; $txt['efloatingbar_user_style'] = 'Place your Custom CSS Here'; $txt['efloatingbar_text_guest_default'] = 'Welcome Guest , please login or register'; $txt['efloatingbar_text_logged_default'] = 'Hey ya! How are you Today, Welcome back to the Community!' ; $txt['efloatingbar_mode_guest'] = 'Enable the eFloating Bar Mod for Guests?'; $txt['efloatingbar_text_guest'] = 'Write your own Message for the guest on the eFloating Bar.'; $txt['efloatingbar_mode_logged'] = 'Enable the eFloating Bar Mod for Logged in Users?'; $txt['efloatingbar_text_logged'] = 'Write Your own Custom Message for Logged in Members for eFloating Bar.'; $txt['efloatingbar_css_enable'] = 'Select this if you want to use your own CSS instead of deault'; $txt['efloatingbar_css_default'] = '#topbar { font-size:70%; position:absolute; border: 2px solid black; padding: 2px; background-color:#ECFFBF; width: 450px; visibility: hidden; z-index: 100; } #topbar a:hover { color: #FFFFFF; background-color:#FF6600; }'; //End eFloatingbar

i am going to replace the files that i altered and see if it goes away, also replace the different theme files too..

any other suggestions?

Thanks again
Problem with your ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php

Open it and make sure that everything in that file is enclosed between <?php   ..  ?> <?php 

EVERYTHING IN YOUR Language file

?>

IF using UTF then also check ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php for same.

Ricky.

Quote from: Realinfo on January 26, 2009, 10:24:14 PM
Some of the files the package manager needs to modify are not writable. This needs to be changed by logging into FTP and using it to chmod or create the files and folders. Your FTP information may be temporarily cached for proper operation of the package manager.

I got this message.............. when try to install it.............
Quote from: alanrobinsonleigh on January 27, 2009, 08:23:50 AM
ok guys a little tip for you. If your getting errors saying some files need to be writable. goto Themes/default and create a folder called "scripts" and chmod it to 777. that should help you out.

For those who are facing "Folder Permission Error" should download version 0.1.1 , did some minor changes and should be helpful to eliminate such issues.
However, you can make all files writable from Admin --> Packages --> Option (in SMF 1.1.x) and after that it won't show any error in install.
After that operation -revert to "Minimum Files Writable".

thomase

I've made the files specified in this thread writeable...the FTP thing comes up..enter the correct details then I get this:

Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.

I've logged off, signed in, used a different theme, etc, and still get it and can't get the MOD to work.

It look fantastic, any help will be appreciated :)

bullbreedluverz

Quote from: thomase on January 27, 2009, 10:43:57 AM
I've made the files specified in this thread writeable...the FTP thing comes up..enter the correct details then I get this:

Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.

I've logged off, signed in, used a different theme, etc, and still get it and can't get the MOD to work.

It look fantastic, any help will be appreciated :)

this is a problem thats arose for some people since the upgrade to 1.1.7, i had it before and the edit in this link worked for me http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=278824.0

qubbah

Ricky.

Quote from: qubbah on January 27, 2009, 11:02:12 AM
how can i align to top middle?

Using CSS you can do that too..  can be shifted towards middle too, though exactly its not in center but can be achieved what you want.
I just added margin-left:200px
and it will shift 200px towards left.
#topbar
{
   font-size:70%;
   position:absolute;
   border: 2px solid black;
   padding: 2px;
   background-color:lightblue;
   width:450px;
   visibility: hidden;
   z-index: 100;
   margin-left:200px;  /*This is where I made the changes */
}

#topbar a:hover
{
color: #FFFFFF;
background-color:#FF6600;
}

JungleBunny

Poooooooooor Ricky :-X,

I am sure you spent more time to answer some newbie questions than you have made your fine mod, lolllllllllllll

mrtrc266

Quote from: JungleBunny on January 27, 2009, 05:01:08 AM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on January 27, 2009, 02:02:30 AM
Very cool Mod Installed clean, can your post up your entire code for the floating window to give an example of how and where to put in the HTML code that show the links and everything?

Thank you in advance

Wrote this some articles before !

Put your html code in the message box ( guest or logged user ).
If you have a webpage prgram like dreamweaver, frontpage etc, copy the source code into the message box and give it a try :)

I tried that but it input field will only hold 74 Characters?

Running SMF Beta 2

See attatched pic.

mash-e1

how do i add the registrations link on there

please can some one help me

Ricky.

Well.. I tested it with whole page of thousands of
Quote from: JungleBunny on January 27, 2009, 01:23:39 PM
Poooooooooor Ricky :-X,

I am sure you spent more time to answer some newbie questions than you have made your fine mod, lolllllllllllll
Well.. I am happy ppl like you and bullzbreedlover are also giving support.

Ricky.

Quote from: mrtrc266 on January 27, 2009, 01:38:59 PM
Quote from: JungleBunny on January 27, 2009, 05:01:08 AM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on January 27, 2009, 02:02:30 AM
Very cool Mod Installed clean, can your post up your entire code for the floating window to give an example of how and where to put in the HTML code that show the links and everything?

Thank you in advance

Wrote this some articles before !

Put your html code in the message box ( guest or logged user ).
If you have a webpage prgram like dreamweaver, frontpage etc, copy the source code into the message box and give it a try :)

I tried that but it input field will only hold 74 Characters?

Running SMF Beta 2

See attatched pic.

You need to make HTML in separate editor and then paste whole in it.
I Have just tested it in SMF 2b4 and yesterday in smf117

Here you can see it in action: linuxsolved.com/smf2/index.php
It got many hundreds of words.

Ricky.

Quote from: mash-e1 on January 27, 2009, 02:29:45 PM
how do i add the registrations link on there

please can some one help me

You need to do like this :
<a href="LINK HERE">YOUR TEXT</a>

Though.. if you leave GUEST text box blank but enable it then it will show the registration link.

zakmoore

Hey Ricky,

Great mod - I've got mine working in the LiveCity theme now, and I even have my ads appearing for logged in members.

My question is this:  I looked at the two .js files and at the top there appears to be 4 settings:

var persistclose = 1 //set to 0 or 1. 1 means once the bar is manually closed, it will remain closed for browser session
var startX = 60 //set x offset of bar in pixels
var startY = 10 //set y offset of bar in pixels
var verticalpos="frombottom" //enter "fromtop" or "frombottom"

However, when I made changes, nothing changed.  I was trying to move the bar from top to bottom and I also was trying to make it so the guests only had to close it once per session.  Any suggestions why making these file changes had no result?

JungleBunny

I see Ricky has no much work, so I have a suggestion O:) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
What´s about a message for some membergroups 8)
Another message for moderators or normal members.

Was only a thought O:) :) :)

shumilica

Great mod Ricky. Can I give you an idea for a next mod based on the same script?
Can you make a mod that will make a pop-up just like this one but only to show when somebody (and only to that someone) receives a PM?

If you think that my idea is a good one, I think this mod: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1202 will hep you get the necessary code to put in the right place without spending to much time making to mod...
Today, if you're not confused it means you're not thinking clear!

marchingelite2

Quote from: Ricky. on January 27, 2009, 09:49:31 AM
Quote from: marchingelite2 on January 27, 2009, 08:19:39 AM
ok ive done that and its installed, but now i got this on the very top of my page :(

//eFloatingbar for SMF by Ricky. $txt['admin_efloatingbar'] = 'eFloating Bar for SMF - Settings'; $txt['efloatingbar_user_style'] = 'Place your Custom CSS Here'; $txt['efloatingbar_text_guest_default'] = 'Welcome Guest , please login or register'; $txt['efloatingbar_text_logged_default'] = 'Hey ya! How are you Today, Welcome back to the Community!' ; $txt['efloatingbar_mode_guest'] = 'Enable the eFloating Bar Mod for Guests?'; $txt['efloatingbar_text_guest'] = 'Write your own Message for the guest on the eFloating Bar.'; $txt['efloatingbar_mode_logged'] = 'Enable the eFloating Bar Mod for Logged in Users?'; $txt['efloatingbar_text_logged'] = 'Write Your own Custom Message for Logged in Members for eFloating Bar.'; $txt['efloatingbar_css_enable'] = 'Select this if you want to use your own CSS instead of deault'; $txt['efloatingbar_css_default'] = '#topbar { font-size:70%; position:absolute; border: 2px solid black; padding: 2px; background-color:#ECFFBF; width: 450px; visibility: hidden; z-index: 100; } #topbar a:hover { color: #FFFFFF; background-color:#FF6600; }'; //End eFloatingbar

i am going to replace the files that i altered and see if it goes away, also replace the different theme files too..

any other suggestions?

Thanks again
Problem with your ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php

Open it and make sure that everything in that file is enclosed between <?php   ..  ?> <?php 

EVERYTHING IN YOUR Language file

?>

IF using UTF then also check ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php for same.

both files are as you state :( still have the same problem ive downloaded the updated version and it installed without the file permission perfect but still got that text on top of screen :(

Ricky.

Quote from: JungleBunny on January 27, 2009, 05:22:22 PM
I see Ricky has no much work, so I have a suggestion O:) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
What´s about a message for some membergroups 8)
Another message for moderators or normal members.

Was only a thought O:) :) :)

That is a big lolz :P
Because I am supporting my MOD it never means I am free :P I am pretty much occupied.. rather over occupied :)
But yes I have many ideas to incorporate in this MOD :)

Ricky.

Quote from: zakmoore on January 27, 2009, 04:03:55 PM
Hey Ricky,

Great mod - I've got mine working in the LiveCity theme now, and I even have my ads appearing for logged in members.

My question is this:  I looked at the two .js files and at the top there appears to be 4 settings:

var persistclose = 1 //set to 0 or 1. 1 means once the bar is manually closed, it will remain closed for browser session
var startX = 60 //set x offset of bar in pixels
var startY = 10 //set y offset of bar in pixels
var verticalpos="frombottom" //enter "fromtop" or "frombottom"

However, when I made changes, nothing changed.  I was trying to move the bar from top to bottom and I also was trying to make it so the guests only had to close it once per session.  Any suggestions why making these file changes had no result?

I hope you are editing script made for guests :)
Well after making changes I suggest you to clear your browser cache and then try. Or simply try in other browser.

Ricky.

Quote from: shumilica on January 27, 2009, 06:28:39 PM
Great mod Ricky. Can I give you an idea for a next mod based on the same script?
Can you make a mod that will make a pop-up just like this one but only to show when somebody (and only to that someone) receives a PM?

If you think that my idea is a good one, I think this mod: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1202 will hep you get the necessary code to put in the right place without spending to much time making to mod...
Thanx for you good words.
But for PM I guess we already have Popup PM notification built in then why would one need it ? Btw, what you want to show in this pop-up layer.. PM notification or PM itself ?

Advertisement: