News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SSI front page, menubar problem

Started by tohtori, January 27, 2009, 06:38:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tohtori

I have a small problem, which I hope someone might help me. I have a front page /index.php for my forum /yabbse/index.php. Now I'm using SSI to implement the front page with my forum. Since my forum uses multiple themes i'm using following codes to generate the top.

echo template_html_above();
echo template_body_above();

Now my problem is that with default theme the menubar has one active tab. How I could change this show the Frontpage button as active instead of Home/Forum.

Any suggestions would be nice.

H

You can probably set the current tab with $context. I'm haven't got the context variables handy right now, although someone might be able to give you a more specific answer.

On this forum there is a tutorial for SSI integration using layers. This may be better for what you want to do, although I don't know if it has been updated for SMF 2.x yet :)
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

tohtori

I think the version 1.X.X used following code for defining active menutab
    $context['section'] = $section;

But I think this have changed somehow and just can't figure it out how to do it with 2.0B4

tohtori

bumbing up. Is there anyone who would know how this have changed in 2.0?

Rumbaar

I'm sure it's actually:
$context['current_action'] == '';
But I'm not sure if it's based on the action array present in the index.php, so externally or not present there not sure how the forum will handle this.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: