News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Unknow error, possibly related to autoincrement value in smf_members

Started by slackingest, January 20, 2009, 07:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slackingest

Hey there,

So, I had a report from some users trying to register that they were recieving a database error message when they tried to register. After looking around for awhile, I realized that the autoincrement value was set to one higher than the maximum allowed for the table. This explained the behavior I was seeing when looking at the table, ie one account would be created at max, and additional accounts would not get entered into the table.

After resetting the auto increment to a reasonable value, however, registration still throws a database error message back, even though everything is being created just fine in smf_members right now, and I can in fact go in and approve those accounts manually.

Any ideas?

greyknight17

Look at the members table and see what is the latest member ID number. Then try setting the next auto increment number one higher than that last member ID.

What error are you getting exactly? It may help us out more in determining the cause of it if we get this piece of information.

slackingest

I've triple checked the auto increment value, and it's set and seemingly functioning correctly.

The error message displayed to the user isis:

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

The error in the msql database is:
?action=register2
Database Error: Duplicate entry '1-8388607-display_quick_reply' for key 1
line:760

greyknight17

slackingest, is this issue resolved now?

If not, can you give me access to your database (phpMyAdmin preferably)? Please change the login password first just for security purposes.

Advertisement: