Package Manager Uploads Files But Doesn't Modify The installation Files

Started by Dancer200, January 27, 2009, 07:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dancer200

Package manager uploads files but doesn't modify the installation files. Why and what could cause this? It's only a new install of SMF 2.x downloaded from SMF download section today. The SMF package manager will upload all files from many mods and extracts the files to the designated directory. However, It won't modify any of the files to make required edits. Upload of packages says installation success.

Please help?  :D

NEMINI

I had this issue, not sure what finally fixed except to say I had to change my FTP login info (make sure you have smf test the connection!!!!) to do so you may have to delte all your domain cookies to get it to give you the space to put the info in again.
signatures are boring.

Dancer200

So what your saying is that you changed your FTP login details and it worked?  :o I'll play around with it until I get more replies on this topic. I need to fix this problem...  ;D

NEMINI

that seemed to be the issue, but I can't say for sure since the 2.x package manager has a number of bugs I managed to become entangled in at the same time.
signatures are boring.

greyknight17

Is this issue resolved now?

If not, did you install it and have a successfully installed message but nothing changed? Try the below to see if they help:

1. Create a folder called temp in your Packages directory and CHMOD it to 777. Then try installing the mod again.

2. Go to Admin->Packages->Options and uncheck Create Backup versions of replaced files with a tilde (~) on the end of their names. Try installing a mod now.

Advertisement: