News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Can't preview or create a new topic

Started by cassie, January 29, 2009, 10:38:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cassie

I hope someone can help me troubleshoot this.

I tried to create a new topic this morning and I can't preview it (it just keeps saying "fetching preview" but nothing happens) and when I click post, I just get a blank screen.

When I click preview, it throws and error, which Firebug reports as this:

XMLDoc.getElementsByTagName("smf")[0] is undefined
http://sitename/bb/index.php?action=post;board=1.0
Line 214   

My host disbled suPHP on my forum because it doesn't play nicely with SMF. I don't know if that had anything to do with it. I have a support ticket in to them as well.

I don't know how long this has been going on but not too terribly long I don't think.

Can someone tell me what might be causing this?

Thank you bunches!

G6™

Would be good if you could open your forum for gueat view so we can see it and test it
I would say it's a theme related thing but cant be sure as theres no way to check anything with out beeing inside your forum

cassie

I don't know what you're talking about G6. My forum IS open for guest view.

I edited my post to remove my site name though.

*sigh* I'll just keep troubleshooting it myself with my host support. I just keep hoping when I have issues that someone here might have had them too and can give some insight.

SlammedDime

We'll need a link to your board and a test account as well...
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

acnakos

I am having a similar problem.  When I click preview I get the fetching preview message, but nothing happens.  When I hit the post button, it posts properly.   It just won't preview.

Any suggestions?

Could it be that by putting my logo banner on top of the index.php page that it causes this problem?  If so, any suggestions and how to solve this without removing the banner?

acnakos

OK, I solved my problem. 

I reloaded smf.  I then renamed the smflogo.gif file to smflogo.bak and ftp'd my banner image, renamed it to smflogo.gif and viola my logo appears exactly where I would have wanted it and my preview button now works.

So I am sure that placing my images above the script is what caused my problem in the first place.

greyknight17

cassie, is this issue resolved now? If not, provide us a test account and a link to your forum. Also post a list of the mods you have installed (if any).

Advertisement: