News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Admin and deleted log question

Started by hawaiibillT, January 29, 2009, 04:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawaiibillT

This is from my admin log every thing else shows my admin name but the Guest(Icat) and Guest (Itoljaso) I dont understand since I didnt delete them

Deleted member "Icat"     Today at 03:05:54 PM     Guest (Icat)     Guest     76.251.81.67     

Deleted member "Itoljaso"    January 27, 2009, 09:16:33 AM    Guest (Itoljaso)    Guest    162.114.40.33

This is from the moderation log and no one is shown except Icat who is a guest. Checked permissions and they seem ok but Icat is posting as a guest.

Deleted member "Icat"     Today at 03:05:54 PM     Guest (Icat)     Guest     76.251.81.67

greyknight17

If members have the permissions to delete their own accounts and you didn't set the permission to have administrators approve this first, they will be added to the admin log.

If you don't like how this is going, go into the affected membergroups permission and don't allow them to delete their own account. Or if you want to give them that freedom but require approval first, then go to Admin > Security and Moderation and check the box for Require admin approval when member deletes account.

hawaiibillT

Quote from: greyknight17 on January 29, 2009, 06:10:37 PM
If members have the permissions to delete their own accounts and you didn't set the permission to have administrators approve this first, they will be added to the admin log.

If you don't like how this is going, go into the affected membergroups permission and don't allow them to delete their own account. Or if you want to give them that freedom but require approval first, then go to Admin > Security and Moderation and check the box for Require admin approval when member deletes account.

Thanks I changed members ability to delete their account. I noticed that I still have one person listed as posting as a guest and the permissions aren't set to allow that.

greyknight17

Is that post a recent one? It could have been before you removed the permission to delete their account. If a member posts first and then delete their account, it will show as a guest.

Just to test out guest posting yourself, log out and see if you can make a new topic or reply to existing ones.

hawaiibillT

Thank you both for answering my questions.

Advertisement: