Perfect SEO For Your Forum..

Started by Low, January 30, 2009, 07:44:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vmgamer

Install it manually :s
100% working

Low

I can handle debate and accept all OPINIONS, but trolling is trolling and nitpicking pees me off.

SEF URL's does help towards what you're ranked for!

I also never listen to sources like SEOmoz and other SEO "experts, I strictly rely on hard work and go by the results I get. That way I'm always an expert in this field from my own view.

And yes a few mentioned the Canonical tag mod which I only recently found out about but now highly recommend.

All the best

patrick6411

Ok sense we are on the seo topic, I want to ask a content duplicate question. How can google punish a site for dup content when there are so many rss feeds out there?

Low

Google duplicate-content punishment is a myth. In fact some of the top PR sites advise you to duplicate their content (article directories.)

The only problem arises across the same domain IE you have article-1 on both example.com/articles and example.com/main/articles etc. If this happens Google will simply choose the URL to list in their index if any at all. And that is where the myth originates.. people weren't seeing the correct pages indexed so they thought they was being punished by Google but simply Google did not want duplicates from the same domain in their index.

Low

patrick6411

Quote from: Low on April 27, 2009, 08:49:29 AM
Google duplicate-content punishment is a myth. In fact some of the top PR sites advise you to duplicate their content (article directories.)

The only problem arises across the same domain IE you have article-1 on both example.com/articles and example.com/main/articles etc. If this happens Google will simply choose the URL to list in their index if any at all. And that is where the myth originates.. people weren't seeing the correct pages indexed so they thought they was being punished by Google but simply Google did not want duplicates from the same domain in their index.

Low

I was thinking in the same line of thought. So maybe I'm not all that crazy!!

Advertisement: