converting question

Started by bruceonsfa, January 30, 2009, 03:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bruceonsfa

Converting posts (part 2)... Successful.
Converting attachments (if the mod is installed)... Successful.
Cleaning up... Incomplete.

got it!!!

Bruce

SleePy

That is the cleanup process. It cleans up some stuff after the conversion and before the very end.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

bruceonsfa

Thanks for your help.  I have some other things to do so I will address this again soon.  I am wondering if it just is my localhost set up - maybe I'll try it on our server space.
thanks
Bruce

ThorstenE

bruceonsfa,
maybe you haven't converted your forum until now, you should use the  updated YaBB 2.1 converter is:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=122338.0
this new version works great for two other members:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=292698.msg1941294#msg1941294

bruceonsfa

Gave the converter a quick shot but got no where.  I got an error stating 'cannot find the settings for yabb1 gold'   I had to delete the yabb.pl [nofollow] file to get my databases and cgi-bin active again - this is probably where the problem is, correct?
thanks
Bruce

ThorstenE

mhh, interesting.. the converter linked above doesn't check the existance of yabb.pl (only Paths and Variables/Paths.pl and your data files are needed). maybe the path to your YaBB folder was wrong?

bruceonsfa

TE,
Yeah, that is probably right.  I have spent all my time working on a VPS which had a diff't look to the file structure and now we are on a shared hosting plan that looks different enough to leave me lost.  I'll work with this idea for a bit and let you know.
Thanks
Bruce

bruceonsfa

Arg, this is not going well.  I did an install and started the conversion on our hosting account, then the conversion stopped with a too many posts error or something, doesn't matter at this time.  For what ever reason I can create the database needed and the password, but once the install is done the password (in SMF and in mySQL) is entirely different than the one I just created and so I am unable to start the conversion again.  The first time (that failed) the passwords worked fine!  I really hate our host company!!!  I have deleted the installs and databases and tried again several times with no luck since the first time.
thanks for allowing the vent
Bruce

ThorstenE

Quotethen the conversion stopped with a too many posts error or something
do you know the exact error message? some hosts use limits for MySQL (max_allowed_packed_size)

you can reduce the concurrent converted messages in this  block from yabb21_to_smf.php

$block_settings = array(
'members' => 100, // 100
'pms' => 50, // 100
'topics' => 250, // 100
'posts1' => 500, // 100
'posts2' => 500, // 150
'attachments' => 100, // 100
'cleanup' => 150, // 150
'polls1' => 50, // 50
'polls2' => 200, // 200
'polls3' => 50, // 50
);

change the values for posts and posts2 from 500 to 100 and try  it again...

Advertisement: