News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Does SMF2 have new documentation?

Started by eclipsenow, January 31, 2009, 03:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eclipsenow

Or is it assuming an experienced 117 user that already knows all about SMF, and that they can "find their way"? :-\
* Please don't PM me for help, I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ANYWAY!
* Please tick your thread as "resolved" when after you have implemented solutions to your problem

Eclipse Now predicts...
2015: Airlines bankrupt, freight routes collapse, agricultural crisis and the "Greater Depression" begins. Welcome to the end of the oil age!  (We had better leave oil before it leaves us!)

karlbenson

Generally smf 2.x is very much like 1.x in the admin/user sense.

Its only if you write code/queries that you need to know the difference.
Changes are major, meaning that mods for 1.1.x almost always won't work on 2.x without every query being re-written.

eclipsenow

So developing a theme is pretty much the same? I'm tossing up whether to throw myself into learning to theme 1.1.7, 2 beta or wait for RC1
* Please tick your thread as "resolved" when after you have implemented solutions to your problem

Eclipse Now predicts...
2015: Airlines bankrupt, freight routes collapse, agricultural crisis and the "Greater Depression" begins. Welcome to the end of the oil age!  (We had better leave oil before it leaves us!)

karlbenson

Theming in 2.x is very different due to the semanticised theming.
less tables, more css classes.

eclipsenow

Eclipse Now predicts...

Advertisement: