2.0 Gem Multicolor Theme

Started by MrGrumpy, May 25, 2011, 04:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maddoktor2

Quote from: Maddoktor2 on June 20, 2011, 08:00:19 PM
Thanks muchly, Mr. G - rather than hacking the version I had, I removed the old theme and installed the newer one so all the updates would be there - it works great, and looks wonderful! :D

I'm very sorry, but it looks like I spoke too soon. :(
If I'm guessing right, the CSS changes appear to have messed up the in-topic display of posts - everything is pushed over to the right into the post area leaving a huge blank spot where the userinfo used to be.
I've attached a screenshot of what it looks like on the demo because I had to remove it from mine - I'm using Firefox 5 now, but it had the same issue in Firefox 4:

BTW, this wasn't happening before the latest updates were posted - hope this helps. :)

Stirius

Hello guys. I have 2 questions, issues I would like to solve on my forum.

How can I add there the icon which will jump to the last post in the thread? See the attachement.

And if I change the language to Czech, I am missing the icon "New". How can I correct it please?

Thanks a lot.

Edit: I solved the problem with last post, edited some settings and put into it the needed text. But the second one remains...

MrGrumpy

Quote from: Stirius on June 26, 2011, 11:51:17 AM
And if I change the language to Czech, I am missing the icon "New". How can I correct it please?

The "new" icon is in a folder - images/english, if you are using another language I believe you need to have the new icon in a folder named for the language you are using.

Try copying the "english" folder and rename it to your language and see if that works then.
the possession of knowledge is worthless unless imparted upon others
My Custom Themes
2.0 themes only - I don't do 1.1.x

MrGrumpy

@ Maddoktor2

I haven't experienced the problem you have either on FF4 or on FF5 since I updated.

I'm working on an update for these themes as a few issues have been pointed out that I am resolving, nothing major mainly some tweeks and tidying of code so this may fix your problem, if not we can look into your problem further.
My Custom Themes

Stirius

probinson77

Another thing you might want to look into....

Some of my members have complained that their color selection doesn't stick.  It always reverts back to the default color instead of keeping their color selection.  Some have reported simply closing and reopening their browser causes this issue, while others say that it happens after they reboot.

MrGrumpy

They probably haven't set their personal default color preference in their profile settings, therefore it will revert to the default set in the admin panels current theme settings, so if they close their browser it will automatically switch back to the admin selected default color.

The theme is designed for admin to set a default color but members can override that with there own default setting in the Look & Layout section of their profile.

Tell them to go to

Profile > Modify profile > Look and Layout > select "change" on the current theme and then they will see a drop down box to select their own personal preference.

Sorry, I should of included that in the theme description, forgot not everyone knows how my themes coding works. I've just sorted out the changes to the theme and uploaded them but I have enquired about combining this theme and my other multi color theme into 1 support/download page instead of 2 as they use the same templates and will include this information when I redo the theme description, thanks for pointing this out and the other problems, it's ok to have a theme on a test site but you don't always find problems on a non-active site.
My Custom Themes

probinson77

Well, my site's pretty active and using your theme, so I'll be sure to let you know of any oddities I run across.

Like this for example  ;)

I've been trying to figure out why the online indicator is sitting below the usernames instead of being vertically center-aligned  (see attached screenshot).  It's just a minor annoyance, but maybe you know how to fix it?

MrGrumpy

All issues that have been reported have been fixed but this topic is going to be locked at some point today/tomorrow as I am combining the download and support for this theme and my other multi color theme  Mineral Multicolor Theme together in 1 download and support page

Look out for new theme topic here for MineralGem Multi Color theme + variants

I would advise all users of these themes, including the individual color variants to update there site with the new packages once available.

MrGrumpy
My Custom Themes

MrGrumpy

My Custom Themes

Advertisement: