News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Meta Tags/ Keywords

Started by Galaxy Computers, February 01, 2009, 02:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galaxy Computers

I want to change my own keywords instead of using the SMF Defualts keywords is that possible?
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Morris Technologies Computer Support Forum

KahneFan

2.0b4: ADMIN --> FEATURES AND OPTIONS --> LAYOUT --> Meta keywords associated with forum:

OR, you can use the mod below. However before installing, you will want to preform the following on the default theme, as well as the theme you're using:

index.template.php
find:

<meta name="description" content="', $context['page_title_html_safe'], '" />
<meta name="keywords" content="', $context['meta_keywords'], '" />

replace with:

<meta name="description" content="', $context['page_title'], '" />
<meta name="keywords" content="PHP, MySQL, bulletin, board, free, open, source, smf, simple, machines, forum" />

This will allow the mod below to install smooth.
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1138

The good thing about this mod is it gives you the meta DESCRIPTION as well. (which is what search engines display on searches)
#eric_on_twit| (video) Creating Themes for SMF | Reset Your Forum
NOTE: No PM's for support please.

Galaxy Computers

Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Morris Technologies Computer Support Forum

greyknight17

mtechama, is this issue resolved now?

What do you mean it won't work for you? Did you run into any errors? If so, what is the exact error message you are getting? We can only help out if we understand what problem you are encountering.

llckll

After replacing the two lines of code, what do I have to do with the zip file?  How do I know which RC candidate i'm using.

Thanks.

greyknight17

llckll, you can look at the forum's copyright area at the bottom to find out what version you have. Unless you installed RC1 or upgraded to it, you probably still have an older version. Just do it from the admin panel as mentioned earlier. This is probably the easiest way to handle them.

llckll

Quote from: greyknight17 on February 16, 2009, 05:39:57 PM
llckll, you can look at the forum's copyright area at the bottom to find out what version you have. Unless you installed RC1 or upgraded to it, you probably still have an older version. Just do it from the admin panel as mentioned earlier. This is probably the easiest way to handle them.

Hi GreyKnight,

When I go into the admin area, there is not section for Keywords.

Rumbaar

This is only present in SMF 2.0, are you sure you are using 2.0?

I'll guess you are using 1.1.x and you'll need to edit your themes index.template.php file.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: