News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Site Login / SSI Question

Started by Null0, February 06, 2009, 02:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Null0

I'm new to smf. I've read a number of the articles on this, but am not sure of the simplest way to achieve what I am looking for.   

I am building a new site from scratch, and would like to use SMF for all of my sites authentication (Seems to be the best/easiest solution?).  I was playing around with SSI.php, but have a couple of small issues... I'd prefer that any attempt to access a restricted area, would just bring them to the standard forum login page.  However I want a successful login of that page to redirect them to whatever page they were originally trying to access.  So if they are trying to access chat, it redirects them to the forum login, and if a successful login there, it brings them to the chat page.  Is this possible?  If there are alternatives, I'd be happy to hear them.   

As I said, its a new site, so I'm just looking for the best/cleanest solution.

karlbenson

SSi examples can be found
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/ssi_examples.php

It might be possible to redirect them on login (i think currently it redirects you back to the same page), but you would need to hard-code/hack it to do that. There isn't a setting for it.

Null0

I didn't realize by default the login page redirected you from where you came.  Very useful and exactly what I needed.  Just coded a new ssi_login function to look exactly like the main login page, and everything is perfect now.

Advertisement: