Re: SMF <-> Mambo Bridge (Combined Readme)

Started by Jeff Seabrook, February 23, 2005, 10:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Seabrook

these instructions were awesome.

I followed them all exactly as said, this is my 3rd attempt on 3 separate bridge mod's...and still I get one error message that I cannot find out what to do about

just above the info that shows up in Mambo, on the left side, where my user info from SMF is, I get this error:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/httpd/vhosts/bmwsport.net/httpdocs/amambo/modules/mod_smf_login.php on line 19

Is there anything that I have to do with the user accounts at all?  I'm on a fresh mambo install, and I only have myself registered on this side, as "Jeff" - my forum username is "Jeff Seabrook" - do I need to change this, or is there any way to get rid of this error?

-Jeff

Jeff Seabrook

also, when I log in or log out, the link takes me to a blank page, with this in the center:

The page you are trying to access does not exist.
Please select a page from the main menu.

this is with SEO on and off, both ways...still no fix.

Kindred

You don't have the proper database/table names set up in the com_smf admin section....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

eMachine

Hi, this is my first message in this forums :D thanks for info about integration...
ya know, you gotta add some codes like:

<?php
global $sc, $context;

if (!defined('SMF')){
  require ($mosConfig_absolute_path."/administrator/components/com_smf/config.smf.php");
  require ($smf_path."/SSI.php");
}

$sc = &$context['session_id'];
$_SESSION['USER_AGENT'] = $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'];

?>

when i add and save it, this warning shows on site:

Warning: main(/home/everythi/public_html/components/com_smf/SSI.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ucworld/public_html/mb/templates/rhuk_planetfall/index.php on line 24

Warning: main(/home/everythi/public_html/components/com_smf/SSI.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ucworld/public_html/mb/templates/rhuk_planetfall/index.php on line 24

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/everythi/public_html/components/com_smf/SSI.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/ucworld/public_html/mb/templates/rhuk_planetfall/index.php on line 24

Im sure i done it succesfull, i added codes just be4 </head> , i followed all carefully but here is a big trouble... Could ya please explane why? or should to do something else?
thnx

Kindred

You have defined your path to SMF as:
/home/everythi/public_html/components/com_smf/

it should be something like:
/home/everythi/public_html/forum/
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

eMachine

yes i already done it as ya wrote... if i change path as this or not, when i add these codes in .php file it happens... i think nothing about path...

Jeff Seabrook

well, the db info was put in correctly...the error wont fix, and it's too vague for me to even figure out.

I see this so successful on so many sites, but I just can't get it to work on mine...this is all I wanted, it's all that mattered.

end of production on this.

-Jeff

Kindred

Jeff & Emachine...

if you PM me, and are willing to let me get into your admin for a short time, I may be able to quickly help you...

(I've done it for others...   I'm not a hacker or anything)
Слaва
Украинi

Jeff Seabrook

if I reinstall this mod again, I'll get back to you...I had a friend helping me, and both of us just got a whole whack of errors...even though his install went seamless...

thanks.

eMachine

Quote from: kindred on February 24, 2005, 08:11:02 PM
Jeff & Emachine...

if you PM me, and are willing to let me get into your admin for a short time, I may be able to quickly help you...

(I've done it for others...   I'm not a hacker or anything)

lets complete it alive in msn messenger...

begby

Hello

I just overwritten the 2.1 bridge files with the 3.0 version, and now I can't post anything! WHen I click post, it will take me to the forum index w/o posting anything!

Advertisement: