News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[Preview] 2aces Theme

Started by KahneFan, February 07, 2009, 01:56:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KahneFan

Link To Preview

You can login with test/test if you want to see on/off/child/forward icons

This theme is still in early stages, but it will be a poker based theme. I've got the rails up around the border of the board, and I've got the suite icons. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do with the header. Any feedback is welcome.
#eric_on_twit| (video) Creating Themes for SMF | Reset Your Forum
NOTE: No PM's for support please.

aldo

Wrong link... I think this is the correct one: http://ipostyoupost.com/SMFThemes/index.php?theme=11

Its a very nice theme. I love the border and the colors, they aren't my favorite but it goes well with how this is setup. However the menu looks a bit to tall :)

KahneFan

Corrected the link, thank you :D

TBH, I'm not a big fan of the green either, but in a theme of a poker table it's really what is needed. I may make a variation of this with different colors. The menu is a bit large, so I may bring that down a bit.

I'm trying to decide if I want to change the background color to make the board (table) stand out more or not. I'm also trying to decide if I want to put "chairs" along the rail.

aldo

I like it the way it is, as I like the color for this type of thing (I just meant its not my favorite color :P). If you could it would be nice to have that black border you have around the board index on the Info Center too.

Oh, and looking at the topic view the color of the line under the post topic and date posted (http://ipostyoupost.com/SMFThemes/index.php?topic=14.0) should be changed to another color. Not quite sure which one, but that grey to green contrast hurts my eyes :X

Deaks

i like this theme colors work well the grey on the page numbers really needs changed and  maybe that border around the header and info area but not as think
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

KahneFan

I'm trying to figure out how to make the buttons work inline with the corners to give the info center the same border. Since the menu buttons are in their own style it (may) be harder to do. I put a table around the main section to give it the border it has.

Would it be better to just put a border around the entire info center, and give the buttons an entirely new background?

As for the messages, I have not touched display.template.php at all yet (to come).

Good call catch on the page numbers (and link tree), I tend to forget about those as I work mostly from the home page and not within posts.

shadow82x

Looking Good. :)

I would suggest a light shade of green for the windowbg. The current green shade doesn't look good with black text. Also try changing the linktree color to a lighter color so its more noticeable.
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

KahneFan

Green is a real hard color to use, too light and it looks like I sneezed on my monitor :P

What if I were to use a lighter text, but keep the green?

shadow82x

Quote from: KahneFan on February 07, 2009, 05:38:47 PM
Green is a real hard color to use, too light and it looks like I sneezed on my monitor :P

What if I were to use a lighter text, but keep the green?
That may look better. The black just doesn't blend in IMHO. ;)
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

KahneFan

OK, I've made more changes.

Added a rail to the top header
Added a rail to the info center
Added a rail to the message list page
Added a rail to the actual message page
Made the text and borders white so they are easier to read
Changed the increase/decrease icons so they look better with this theme (The ^ icon)

What stumps me, where do I go to change the attached menus?

IACS_CM

KahneFan,

Just installed on my forum, I like it as it is.

It certainly is a bright and punchy theme for members to select if desired. Only suggestion i would propose, is the blue bars in "more stats", my mother always said Blue and Green should never be seen.

Very nice theme though, thank you for sharing.

KahneFan

Never even thought about those bars. I'll have to figure out where/how to adjust those.

Advertisement: