News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Clear Mind

Started by StathisG, February 07, 2009, 11:15:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StathisG

Link to the theme

Clear Mind is a clear and modern theme. Its 1st version was released on February 6, 2009 and is based on the default SMF theme. It is XHTML 1.0 and CSS 2.1 valid and compatible with SMF 1.1.8 - 1.1.11.

Try it out (live demo) [nofollow] or visit Clear Mind homepage [nofollow].

ChangeLog:
v1.02 - Fixed an error so the theme can pass the XHTML 1.0 Validation when using SMF 1.1.11 (21/01/2010)
v1.01 - A non-visible but important error has been fixed (23/2/2009)
v1.00 - Initial Release (6/2/2009)

You can find the 2nd version of Clear Mind, which is compatible with SMF 2.0 RC3, here.

phpMyTony

Cado

Very Nice Default :D. Thaks.

bycn*

StathisG

Update - 21/01/2010: Fixed an error so the theme can pass the XHTML 1.0 Validation when using SMF 1.1.11.

esseker

im having troubles installing header picture.

ive uploaded the image and when i c/p the code into logo image URL, the image doesnt show.

when i try this with the default theme Core, it works and the header is shown properly.

how can i fix this?

please help!

StathisG

Hello esseker,

2 ways to change the logo:

1) Name your logo "logo.png" and replace the images/logo.png file with your own.
2) Place in the images folder your logo and then in the file index.template.php search for "logo.png" and replace it with the filename of the file you've just uploaded.

Let me know if you still have issues.

Quote from: esseker on May 11, 2010, 02:36:50 AM
im having troubles installing header picture.

ive uploaded the image and when i c/p the code into logo image URL, the image doesnt show.

when i try this with the default theme Core, it works and the header is shown properly.

how can i fix this?

please help!

esseker

thank you burNMind,

the first solution worked great!  8)

i really like the theme  ;)

btw

http://cleaned.kingofeurope.info/forum/index.php

im still working on the look and layout of the board.
thanks again!

twentetoo

Great theme burNMind! I was wondering if there was any way to add more tabs to the top menu bar? I would like to be able to add a tab somewhere by the "home" button that will direct users back to my website.

Also was curious if there was anyway to add or edit the already placed tabs/logos at the bottom of the page? Would like to add my logo or site name, doing the same thing allowing users to click on it and return to my website if desired...

Once again GREAT theme and thank you very much for your support!

StathisG

@esseker: You're welcome  :)

Quote from: twentetoo on May 27, 2010, 11:59:42 PM
Great theme burNMind! I was wondering if there was any way to add more tabs to the top menu bar? I would like to be able to add a tab somewhere by the "home" button that will direct users back to my website.

Also was curious if there was anyway to add or edit the already placed tabs/logos at the bottom of the page? Would like to add my logo or site name, doing the same thing allowing users to click on it and return to my website if desired...

Once again GREAT theme and thank you very much for your support!

You can alter the table which is located in the line 506 of the index.template.php file.
You're welcome too  :)

rwillegal

I am also having some trouble adding navigation tabs to this theme.

I have installed two mods for my 1.1.11 forum... SimplePortal and SMF-Arcade. I need to add a "FORUM" and "ARCADE" link.

I've edited the following two files to include...

/themes/clearmind/index.template.php

Line 521: // Show the [forum] button.
Line 522:    echo ($current_action=='forum' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
Line 523:       <td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'forum' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
Line 524:          <a href="', $scripturl, '">' , $txt['forum'] , '</a>
Line 525:       </td>' , $current_action == 'forum' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';
Line 526:
Line 527: // Show the [arcade] button.
Line 528:    echo ($current_action=='arcade' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
Line 529:       <td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'arcade' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
Line 530:          <a href="', $scripturl, '">' , $txt['arcade'] , '</a>
Line 531:       </td>' , $current_action == 'arcade' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

/themes/default/languages/index.english.php

Line82: $txt['forum'] = 'Forum';
Line83: $txt['arcade'] = 'Arcade';

The tabs appear just as I would expect. If I manually type ?action=forum or ?action=arcade the pages load just fine and the navigation receives the correct highlighting to show current page status. However, the ?action=page_name parameters are not added to the url. Clicking either of those buttons just goes to /index.php with no ?action=page_name added.

Also... of all the theme's I've tried out, this is by far my favorite. Kudos to you on a great looking theme.

StathisG

@rwillegal:

Try the following:

<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=forum">' , $txt['forum'] , '</a>
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=arcade">' , $txt['arcade'] , '</a>

and let me know if they work.

I'm happy to hear that you like my theme :)

PS: A new version for 1.1.11 and one for 2.0 are on their way, so stay tuned!

rwillegal

@burNMind

I appreciate your quick response. Your suggestion works perfectly. Much appreciated.

Will you release your new version here or on your website first? I'll be looking for it!

StathisG

Quote from: rwillegal on July 10, 2010, 03:41:57 AM
@burNMind

I appreciate your quick response. Your suggestion works perfectly. Much appreciated.

Will you release your new version here or on your website first? I'll be looking for it!

I'm happy to hear it.

If you apply for e-mail notifications on this thread you'll get notified about the new versions. If my free time allows it, they will be released in about a month.

rwillegal

When working on the new version, there is one part of the css (definitions and use in code) you should look into. The class middletext is used in too many spots with too many backgrounds to find one color to make it work.

I'm going though right now and looking for all the places middletext is used, categorizing them by background color they are used on, and making middletextdark, middletextlight, etc in the CSS, then modifying the page templates to use them.

rwillegal

It seems the theme does not take into account the adding of a New Poll on the board pages, only New Threads. I have all permissions setup properly, and if I revert back to the standard default theme I see the poll options. But when I go back to the Clear Mind theme they are not there.

What would I need to update/change to get the polling options visible again?

And I'm looking for more then just the Add Poll option. It will also need to make visible any Add, Edit, Lock, and Remove poll options that would be available to a user.

If this is something you'll add to the next version and not update the current version I can understand. Please provide an updated release estimate. Thanks so much!

StathisG

@rwillegal: Sorry for the delay, I was on vacations. Can you please provide some screenshots of what is missing?

As for the new version, I'm building the SMF 2.0 RC3 version which will be released by the end of September. Regarding the 1.1.11 version, since I don't have a lot of free time available to work on both, I scrapped the plan to build a completely new version from scratch so I'll gather all the requested changes and bugs and I'll release an update, most likely when the SMF 2.0 version is finished.

rwillegal

Thank you for your reply. Apparently it was a setting issue in Admin > Features and Options. I had polls set to "Show Existing Polls as Topics" which disabled the ability to create polls. I have since changed that setting to Enabled and everything works fine.

I'm looking forward to a new release. Thank you. Hope you enjoyed your vacation.

Masterd

StathisG

The new version (RC3 compatible) was just submitted (still waiting for approval though). This means that a new 1.1.11 version is on its way. Hopefully I'll find the time to release it soon. It will include all the requested changes I've received via e-mails and some custom images from the new version.

Advertisement: