News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

NAVIGATION MENU LOST

Started by badmasketa, June 03, 2009, 01:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

badmasketa

i recently upgrade my forum from 1.1.8 to 1.1.9 and after that the MEMBERS navigation tab is lost somewhere...
how can i get it back??

and also.. is there any way or something like that to increase the number of PMs??

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Hi, the update from 1.1.8 to 1.1.9 should not do anything to your forums menu bar - how did you update? Are you sure this caused it?

And, what do you mean increase the number of PMs? By default I think they are unlimited.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

badmasketa

Quote from: LexArma on June 03, 2009, 01:49:59 PM
Hi, the update from 1.1.8 to 1.1.9 should not do anything to your forums menu bar - how did you update? Are you sure this caused it?

Do you know how to retrieve that MEMBERS menu back??
i update it from ADMIN section...

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

How to correct it would depend on how it got lost. The update really shouldn't cause that.
Do you have a lot of mods installed?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

badmasketa

Quote from: LexArma on June 03, 2009, 02:06:32 PM
How to correct it would depend on how it got lost. The update really shouldn't cause that.
Do you have a lot of mods installed?

i think i had it before when i have 1.1.8 but now not in 1.1.9
and i dont have any mods installed yet...

is there any solution for this??

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Are you using the default theme or some custom theme?
If you are using a custom theme, see if it's there on default.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

badmasketa

Quote from: LexArma on June 04, 2009, 10:45:51 AM
Are you using the default theme or some custom theme?
If you are using a custom theme, see if it's there on default.

yea i am using custom theme named "ALAK"
what is mean by see if its there on default??
could you please make me more clear??

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

If you change to the Default Core theme, can you see the missing menu item?
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

badmasketa

yea i can see that MEMBERS menu if i switched to DEFAULT CORE theme.

so, there isnt any solution for the alak theme?? coz we like this theme...

badmasketa

how to modify that template??

Give me each and every steps to do it.....

:P

badmasketa

Ok, heres the index.template.php

i have attached below...

Can anybody edit this please??

N3RVE

Not using a good text editor, so I can't post a clean modified copy. I see that you're missing the "Members" link in the template.

// the [member] list button
if ($context['allow_memberlist'])

echo '<li><a class="members' , $current_action == 'members' ? ' active' : '', '" href="', $scripturl, '?action=mlist">' , $txt[19] , '</a></li>';

You can add that after any of the buttons, it's around the // show the menu buttons [home] [help] section.

-[n3rve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Advertisement: