News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

transfer to 2.0

Started by cafecommk, February 08, 2009, 06:55:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cafecommk

I was using smf 1 and it was bridged with joomla to use the same users.
My site is under construction and want to install 2.0
Is there a way to transfer the old forum into 2.0 and do i need the bridge again.
Can I use smf2.0 and joomla  with same users?
I have infiltrations in the old smf so i don't want to use it to upgrade.

thanks

karlbenson

You need to upgrade your 1.1.x forum to smf 2.x

I'm not sure whether there is a working bridge for Joomla for 2.x (or any at all in fact)

cafecommk

My problem is somehow i always get some files uploaded without my approval. so I found a folder and I want to get rid of it all. But do not know what are important. I was hoping, that maybe with new installation should be clean.
Do you know if I upgrade, would those files be overwritten/removed?
for the bridge I found jfusion

greyknight17

Is this issue resolved now?

I don't know much about the bridging part, but in terms of the folders, you should have the following if it's SMF 1.1.x:

attachments
Packages
Smileys
Sources
Themes

Anything else is either added by some of the mods or not related to SMF.

cafecommk

Yes i figured out i had way too many unneeded folders....and things to clean....
I still need to find out how to use same users both on joomla 1.5.9 and smf 1.1.8

Rumbaar

I'll move this to the Joomla bridge area then.  There is no officially supported bridge between Joomla and SMF anymore.  So I doubt there will ever be one for 2.0.

You'll most likely have to seek assistance from where you got Joomla in regards to correct hookups, but searching this section might also help.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: