News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

the update just crashed my board

Started by AnotherDimension, February 09, 2009, 11:15:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnotherDimension

I just went from 2.04 beta to 2.04 RC1 and it wont finish the update, it keeps saying error and now my board is down...how do I fix this, otherwise I just lost my board because the updater isn't working right...

AnotherDimension

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare parse_glossary() (previously declared in /home/shroomot/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php:4247) in /home/shroomot/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 4340

AnotherDimension

I reloaded the source file from the upgrade and now it says

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare loadpminformer() (previously declared in /home/shroomot/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php:2544) in /home/shroomot/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 2618

babjusi

Quote from: AnotherDimension on February 09, 2009, 11:23:55 AM
I reloaded the source file from the upgrade and now it says

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare loadpminformer() (previously declared in /home/shroomot/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php:2544) in /home/shroomot/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 2618

Check the Load.php file for 2 identical block of codes for loadpminformer() Remove one and re-upload the file again. Although it is weird, cos when you replaced it with a fresh copy it shouldn''t have thrown such an error.

P.s. Did you make a back of your db before the upgrade? And can you post a link to your forum as well.

AnotherDimension

www.shroomotopia.net/forum/ I am trying to reload it right now, just taking some time. The upgrader wont go all the way through, it keeps giving me that error...

AnotherDimension

I cant get past step 5 without getting this

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare loadpminformer() (previously declared in /home/shroomot/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php:2536) in /home/shroomot/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 2610

babjusi

Quote from: AnotherDimension on February 09, 2009, 11:48:40 AM
I cant get past step 5 without getting this

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare loadpminformer() (previously declared in /home/shroomot/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php:2536) in /home/shroomot/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 2610

One word of friendly advice. It is frowned upon those that bump their posts/topics within 24 hours in these forums. It will get you at the bottom of the priority list. So, if you are too impatient to wait, then you can start a topic at the Help wanted boards and specify how you want to be helped, for free or you are willing to pay. But don''t keep bumping your topics :)

AnotherDimension

ok, I apollogize, anyway I made it through the install by renaming the load.php  to load.php~ and the one that was the backup I changed to Load.php and took away the "~" So now I am stuck in maintenacnce mode and don't have the link to the admin pannel saved...my site is www.shroomotopia.net/forum/indexphp, so what would my admin panel be located as..??

babjusi

Quote from: AnotherDimension on February 09, 2009, 11:55:34 AM
ok, I apollogize, anyway I made it through the install by renaming the load.php  to load.php~ and the one that was the backup I changed to Load.php and took away the "~" So now I am stuck in maintenacnce mode and don't have the link to the admin pannel saved...my site is www.shroomotopia.net/forum/indexphp, so what would my admin panel be located as..??

You can take the forum out of the maintenance mode by changing the following at the Settings.php file

$maintenance = 2;

To

$maintenance = 0;

AnotherDimension

ok I did it but now it says I have another error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function loadpminformer() in /home/shroomot/public_html/forum/index.php on line 183

AnotherDimension

I tried uploading the backup and it does nothing. Iworked very hard on this board for the last year and a half and we just hit 200 members so is there anyway I can give you the backup and you can fix it for me? I am lost and dont know what to do...I was fine til i tried to upgrade, I wish I would have just left it alone...

babjusi

Quote from: AnotherDimension on February 09, 2009, 12:56:14 PM
I tried uploading the backup and it does nothing. Iworked very hard on this board for the last year and a half and we just hit 200 members so is there anyway I can give you the backup and you can fix it for me? I am lost and dont know what to do...I was fine til i tried to upgrade, I wish I would have just left it alone...

Yes, sure I can fix it. But did you read my signature? If you did and agree to it, then feel free to contact me any time :)

AnotherDimension

I will be glad to pay for help, how much would that cost me?

babjusi

Quote from: AnotherDimension on February 09, 2009, 01:39:00 PM
I will be glad to pay for help, how much would that cost me?

These conversations are best to be held in private :)

AnotherDimension

I just want to thank the site admin for doing such a great job at fixing my board for me, it was done in a very timely manner and I am super satisfied, you guys are the best...I am thankful I chose to go with SMF for a board now, thanks again for everything!

babjusi

Quote from: AnotherDimension on February 09, 2009, 03:35:16 PM
I just want to thank the site admin for doing such a great job at fixing my board for me, it was done in a very timely manner and I am super satisfied, you guys are the best...I am thankful I chose to go with SMF for a board now, thanks again for everything!

You are most welcome. But I am not the site admin :D

And yes, Smf truly rocks, especially the 2.0 version. Enjoy your Smf forum :)

Pete838

It looks like I have experienced a similiar error while updating:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare loadpmwarning() (previously declared in /home/estwing/public_html/Sources/Load.php:2697) in /home/estwing/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 2768

sweaverit

I had this same error:

So I opened /Sources/Load.php and looked for a repeated block of code and removed 2 repeats.

After saving I was able to view the forum.  However, upon logging in I am now receiving this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function loadpminformer() in /home/arpasto/public_html/forum/index.php on line 183

What should I do?

greyknight17

Pete838, try looking for the function name that you have there and see if there is a duplicate instance of that function in your Load.php file.

sweaverit, if you have the PM Informer mod, try removing it completely. If needed, do it manually to confirm it's completely removed.

If anyone still has problems, please open up a new topic for it. The original poster's issue is resolved and this topic will be marked as so.

Advertisement: